Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP44

• 26-06-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use this gun much? I only just got to 55 and I couldn't be bothered going through prestige so I want to give this a try.

Although I find it quite accurate I still find it hard to use at long range, maps like Showdown and Vacant are good for it though.

I was expecting a totally different gun when I got to 52, didn't think the last gun to unlock would be a WWII weapon!

Anybody got any tips for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Unless the person is right in front of you burst fire is your best option.
    Otherwise it just has a fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

armour87 wrote: »

Anybody got any tips for it?

Don't use it :p

Its actually a decent gun, it just takes some getting used to, and you have to pic your fights. You are right it is not really that good at along range, try and get close to the enemy before firing.

By the time I got red tiger for it I actually quite liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Do you get the MP44 at Level 55? I'm not even sure... Since the game came out I've only ever played with the M4 but 2 days ago I started playing with the AK-47 and OMG! :eek: What a weapon!

It's a million times better than the M4! I've actually become better at CoD4 since I started using it! It's so much easier to aim compared to the M4 it's nearly like cheating! Amazing weapon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It was my gun of choice for a long time and I loved it but the novelty wore off and I hadn't used any of the SMG's at that stage other than the MP5 so I discovered the mini-uzi and P90.

I tried the MP44 again last week and quickly switched back to the M16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

MP44 has the novelty of being the second last weapon option when you reach level 55. I expected it to be much better. It is a WWII weapon based on the stg44 and developed into the MP43 and renamed as the MP44 by Hitler.

It has quite a punch and can be useful but I find that I rarely use it. I tried to get a red dot sight for it, but so far haven't. It might be more effective with a red dot sight. Is it possible to get a red dot sight for the MP 44.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

74u is THE gun to use, it's pretty much a legal hack :p.

No there are no unlocks for the mp44.

74u is THE gun to use, it's pretty much a legal hack :p.
    Jesus, I don't even know what that is! :eek:

I'll check it out! ;)

For me the mp44 is the best gun in the game. Seriously, try play headquarters or something close combat with it and you can take down 3 or 4 peeps with one clip with it no problem.

For close quarters it's grand to just spray away. For medium range you can go for 3-5 shot bursts without losing much accuracy and from long range I just follow happy gilmore's advice and give it a little tap-tap. Although, from downton it's pretty much pointless unless you've got stopping power as they'll have moved and it's not as accurate as similar-classed weapons.

Try playing hardcore with deeper penetration and it's essentially a one-shot-kill weapon (short-medium range).

[...] For medium range you can go for 3-5 shot bursts without losing much accuracy and from long range I just follow happy gilmore's advice and give it a little tap-tap. [...]
    Classic post! Brilliant movie! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

pirelli wrote: »
    It might be more effective with a red dot sight. Is it possible to get a red dot sight for the MP 44.

I think that as a WWII weapon you're not going to get a ded-dot sight for it ;) I think that Infinity Ward were basically including the gun as a throw-back shout-out to the historical roots of the game.

I might try it again...we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I used to hate it but now i like it. I use double tap with it though to give it a chance against the likes of the mp5.

G36c ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I think that as a WWII weapon you're not going to get a ded-dot sight for it ;) I think that Infinity Ward were basically including the gun as a throw-back shout-out to the historical roots of the game.

I might try it again...we'll see.

Yes, I never really considered it that way. It would be unrealistic, It would be as decent a gun as most others if it had a red dot sight giving it a better medium range.

Advertisement