Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

But at the same time it's nice if others have them so you can hold a wheel without getting sprayed to sh1t....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kenmc wrote: »
    But at the same time it's nice if others have them so you can hold a wheel without getting sprayed to sh1t....

True, but it's another reason cyclists shave their legs -it's easier to remove caked in mud from a smooth pin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Take the damn thing off!!! Mudguards are for girls !!!

Honestly, I'd prefer to not get covered in mud and **** for 8 hours.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

In other news, I've just found out that I've been bumped up into a four star hotel because my original hotel had a flood the other day.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

penexpers wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd prefer to not get covered in mud and **** for 8 hours.

Toughen yourself up. Think what Sean Kelly would say to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Can we just turn up on the morning sans-sponsorship card and sponsor ourselves to the tune of €50 or whatever? Or do we need to get the sponsorship card in advance?

I e-mailed about a card yesterday and they just said you can pick up a sponsorship card on the morning of the cycle.

el tonto wrote: »
    In other news, I've just found out that I've been bumped up into a four star hotel because my original hotel had a flood the other day.

Which one you in now? Booked the Killarney Court this morning...

Which one you in now? Booked the Killarney Court this morning...

We're in the Lake Hotel now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

What is everybody doing with their bikes? I'm in a B&B on the Muckross road and the woman said that I could leave it out the back. I'm thinking of locking it to something solid looking back there and it's a hybrid so nothing too fancy looking. Am I taking a chance do you reckon?

• Advertisement

Just going to put mine in the hotel room.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

kenmc wrote: »

Think of all those Paris-Roubaix pictures. That could be you

photo_default.gif

Toughen yourself up. Think what Sean Kelly would say to you.

ah ****e, I really should read all the other posts before posting.

Well I fixed it. Really bad patch job but it will do for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

We're in the Lake Hotel now.

This is an fab hotel. wait till you see the views out the back.

sooty11 wrote: »
    This is an fab hotel. wait till you see the views out the back.

Hmmm, with that weather forecast it might be hard leaving our lovely hotel on Saturday morning.

Here's the latest from the met office in Valentia (I know someone who works there)

The weather will continue very unsettled over the weekend and into next
    week. Showers will die away through Thursday night and some dry, clear
    periods will develop. Friday will start dry, but cloud will quickly encroach
    from the south and heavy spells of rain are expected in the south of the
    province by the end of the day. Winds on Friday will be light at first, but
    will later become strong east or northeasterly. The rain will gradually
    spread northwards through the province on Friday night, and Saturday will be
    overcast with widespread and sometimes heavy rain. Saturday will also be
    cold, with afternoon temperatures in the low to mid teens in a strong north
    or northeast wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Here's the latest from the met office in Valentia (I know someone who works there)

The weather will continue very unsettled over the weekend and into next
    week. Showers will die away through Thursday night and some dry, clear
    periods will develop. Friday will start dry, but cloud will quickly encroach
    from the south and heavy spells of rain are expected in the south of the
    province by the end of the day. Winds on Friday will be light at first, but
    will later become strong east or northeasterly. The rain will gradually
    spread northwards through the province on Friday night, and Saturday will be
    overcast with widespread and sometimes heavy rain. Saturday will also be
    cold, with afternoon temperatures in the low to mid teens in a strong north
    or northeast wind.

Not to late to change my mind I suppose !!!

Well then please tell them to make a better forecast. That one is just appalling.

In fairness overcase with widespread and heavy rain suggests that at least some of the time, it won't be raining :D

• Advertisement

i like this one better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

wasn't the weather for the w200 supposed to be dreadful according to the long range forecast? but as the day approached the predictions got better and better? then the day itself turned out to be just about perfect...

i demand this happen again.

niceonetom wrote: »
    wasn't the weather for the w200 supposed to be dreadful according to the long range forecast? but as the day approached the predictions got better and better? then the day itself turned out to be just about perfect...

i demand this happen again.

I'm buying the leg warmers tonight to ensure it :)

I'm buying the leg warmers tonight to ensure it :)

Leave nothing to chance. Get yourself a snow suit. We'll have great weather then.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Leave nothing to chance. Get yourself a snow suit. We'll have great weather then.

The way our "summer" is going at the moment - nothing would surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Lads, I won't be able to make the ROK so best of luck - especially with the weather. By the way, the reason the weather was good for the W200 was because I took my rain-jacket attached to my saddle bag - if I hadn't lugged it around the 200, you'd all have been drowned.... By the way, you all still on for the Seán Kelly 24th August? There's another on 21st September on the Isle of Wight if anyone fancies the trip to Portsmouth...http://www.sunseaandcycling.com/

Certainly still on for the Sean Kelly. I'm in two minds on which bike to bring for the ROK, thinking of looking at mudguards for my tourer and bringing that (they have always been in the plan but I thought I could wait for autumn :rolleyes:). Nice soggy stripe up my backside from my commute home today, I am not sure I want this over 180km.

Hi Cadex. As it turns out, I'll be in Spain at the time of the Sean Kelly. Still, there's plenty of climbing there too.

Hi Cadex. As it turns out, I'll be in Spain at the time of the Sean Kelly. Still, there's plenty of climbing there too.

I know you said that you are planning on doing two passes in one day, and I know that you are a man of your word, and far be it for me to question your integrity, but if a load of us are going to bust our asses on the SK Tour while you swan off on your holidays, then we are going to need some kind of proof of your trip. We need pictures at summits :)

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    I know you said that you are planning on doing two passes in one day, and I know that you are a man of your word, and far be it for me to question your integrity, but if a load of us are going to bust our asses on the SK Tour while you swan off on your holidays, then we are going to need some kind of proof of your trip. We need pictures at summits :)

Your wish is my command.

Advertisement