Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing Belt changed €€€€

Options
  • 26-06-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone could give their experiences on costs to change the timing belt of Opel Astra 02 in the Cork Region.
    I got a price of €380

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Liam_B wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone could give their experiences on costs to change the timing belt of Opel Astra 02 in the Cork Region.
    I got a price of €380

Labour would be 3.50-4.0 hours
    rates from about €85 + vat @ 13.5%

Belt kit for astra is €118.50
    water pump €68.55 (dependant)
    anti-freeze €10

Parts are plus the vat too,
    just get someone to do it as a nixer, will save ya some quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Liam_B wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I got a price of €380
    It is worth while getting this job done properly by a Opel main dealer. It might cost you more but the job will be guaranteed and they will not take short cuts. They will replace worn pullys and jocky wheels unlike many back street places. They will also check for other things such as the water pump, fan belts etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The kit comes with the tensioners and pulleys, don't why someone wouldn't bother puttin them in when ya get supplied tham anyways,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

380 sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

€380 is a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Yep sounds pretty reasonable to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

€380 sounds about average to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

€380 is a average price but 3-4 hrs labour is not right. I work for an opel main dealer and I think we charge 1.5 hrs. Also make sure you change the water pump as they give trouble and if you dont replace it you could end up doing the whole job again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

thanks very much for the advise ,folks!
    especially replacing the water pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Yup €350 for me at Opel McChesneys, make sure to make the water pump changed as well.

Plus you get the lend of a car for the day as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement