Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Basin & Waste Pipe/Trap Sizes

Options
  • 26-06-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a new basin out in one of the bathroom/tile places out on the Kylemore Road (in Dublin!) a couple of weeks ago and am getting around to fitting it now.

The problem I'm having is the waste coming from the trap that was supplied with the basin doesn't seem to be a standard size. The old pipework is 32mm, but the new pipework supplied with the trap is a bit smaller so I've no way of connecting up the two. The new pipe looks to be about 25/26mm. I attempted to attach a new trap (32mm) to it but this won't connect up to the waste.

I've tried a couple of places to see if they have any fittings that would work, but they all only seem to do the 32mm/40mm stuff.

Has anyone any experience with this or have any possible solutions?

Thanks,

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ajoebloggs

work for a plumbers providers and never heard 25mm/26mm waste pipe but i have heard of 22mm waste they call it overflow pipe

Advertisement