Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do you record?

Options
  • 26-06-2008 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Apart from just the reason of having fun (and that in itself is a great reason!)
    why do guys record?

Is it to make a document of your songs?

Is it to get Gigs?

Is it to send to Record Companies?

Is it to get Radio Play?

Is it to pull birds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Apart from just the reason of having fun (and that in itself is a great reason!)
    why do guys record?

Is it to make a document of your songs?

Is it to get Gigs?

Is it to send to Record Companies?

Is it to get Radio Play?

Is it to pull birds?

My top 5:

1. I want to put a smile on peoples faces when they listen to the overall production and mix of their music.

2. It's technically very interesting subject

3. One day something I record will play on the radio.

4. I like documenting my music

5. It's cool, lights and knobs are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

started as a way to get gigs without having to suck cock to get them.its slowly working.
    plus ive always wanted to make my own tracks,so thats what made me do it.took me ages to actually sit down and do it because i was afraid i wouldnt like it and id be stuck in my dead end job with little in the way of a release or chance to do something for a living i actually like.probably wont happen but working on a dream is better than just dreaming

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    why do guys record?

/QUOTE]

Why do you record Paul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I record music cos i believe i can do better than a lot of the crap out there on the radio! A lot of it doesnt make the cut, but i at least gotta try right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭crazeehorse

i (try to) record to see what works in a song without needing multiple musicians in a jam.im only learning how to use protools but once i get the proper hang of it i hope to 1.get gigs
    2.pull birds
    3.get a record deal
    4.piss everybody off (somehow)
    5.RULE THE WORLD!:cool::cool::eek::D:eek::cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

I have absolutely NO idea why i record! I just do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭RealEstateKing

Aint that good enough?

Ever since I was a kid I was fascinated by tape recorders, and some part of me loved the idea that you could capture a moment in time forever on a little peice of plastic. So I made comedy skits and radio shows, and eventually music, and got a 4 track one day and discovered over-dubbing and track bouncing and all the rest.

In a lot of ways the part of me that still loves recording is still 7 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Aint that good enough?

Ever since I was a kid I was fascinated by tape recorders, and some part of me loved the idea that you could capture a moment in time forever on a little peice of plastic. So I made comedy skits and radio shows, and eventually music, and got a 4 track one day and discovered over-dubbing and track bouncing and all the rest.

In a lot of ways the part of me that still loves recording is still 7 years old.

me too,
    I'm lucky in that I get a chance to actually do the job I've always wanted. Not spiderman the other job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

yes to all of your list

Thats why

also

cos I cant get in a band ageism

nothing to do with the fact I cant play cant sing :-)

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Because I have to.

I also make it a rule (when recording my own stuff) to never finish anything, so that five years after a recording, I'm still noodling with the reverb pre-delay on a scratch recording of a verse and half a chorus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I record music cos i believe i can do better than a lot of the crap out there on the radio! A lot of it doesnt make the cut, but i at least gotta try right? :)

In my opinion exactly the Right Attitude!
    Why do you record Paul?

I do it because I love doing it , now as a Hobby, less so as a job.
    I know the work I'm doing this year is better than I did last year and (hopefully) not as good as next years.

I'm lucky enough to have access to a great studio and great guys within the industry to glean info from and want to do better and better recordings.

I am, however, finding it hard to find great bands to work with.
    I've recently been working on the Blizzards new stuff and have done a little bit with a great Limerick band called the Supermodel Twins. I hope to do more with them soon.

http://www.myspace.com/supermodeltwins

I also hope to do more with supermodel twins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

sei046 wrote: »
    I also hope to do more with supermodel twins

Or even their passable sister.

I hope my hangover would go away

Paul why dont you pull other people up on their grammarz misusings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭harmacist

I record to clear out the tubes... its a lazymans jogging

Advertisement