Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new book store

Options
  • 26-06-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

hi has anyone been to the new book store in mc donagh junction yet, is it any good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

What book shop moved in there?

TBH I buy all my books, discs everything like that on Play.com
    It's crazy cheap.

(Off Topic: When is Eddie Rockets opening?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

What book shop moved in there?

(Off Topic: When is Eddie Rockets opening?)

Stonehouse Books according to the MacDonagh website. No further details though.

Eddie Rockets is not listed under "coming soon", so no idea when it's opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Was in there yesterday. It looks like they only opened that day as the place wasn't fully stocked yet. I will reserve judgement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

mick_irl wrote: »
    Stonehouse Books according to the MacDonagh website. No further details though.

Eddie Rockets is not listed under "coming soon", so no idea when it's opening.

They'd have to be coming soon if there looking for staff surely????

There's big Eddie Rocket's coming soon signs on the front of the shopping centre anyway.

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote: »
    There's big Eddie Rocket's coming soon signs on the front of the shopping centre anyway.

They have been there for last two months, that's what raised my question :)
    I'm a big fan of the Dub Eddie Rockets so I hope they maintain standards.

</off topic>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It still seems to be only half open. I got a newspaper in it last week and stuck my nose in there this evening. It's still very very quiet and seems really empty and echoey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Much like the whole shopping centre any time I've been there;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yeah it always seems pretty dead

I was in there yesterday afternoon and it was very quiet. Is the only way to get into it through the food court?

• Advertisement

There are two entrances into the shopping center, the food court and the main entrance which is to right of that green structure they have, up he small steps.
    It's coming off the roundabout.

I was talking about ways of getting into the book shop.

One thing I've noticed about people coming up the steps from John Street into the shopping centre.

They get to the top of the steps and then don't know where to go.
    It's a bit odd that you have to walk diagonally to walk passed the Londis shop and then into the main centre.

They should put up some bigger signs directing people inside.

There's an entrance opposite Dunnes main entrance too, in a little corridor that leads to the food court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is it just me or does everybody feel the Junction is one huge disaster? So many stores still unopened [I laugh now everytime I walk by the HB/Sweet Shop stalls.] and practically every store has a sale on with 50% off or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does everybody feel the Junction is one huge disaster? So many stores still unopened [I laugh now everytime I walk by the HB/Sweet Shop stalls.] and practically every store has a sale on with 50% off or more.

Well its a bit like this, If Tesco(like every other county in the country has )was the anchor tenant, I'd probably be up there at least once a week, or if Marks and Spencer (like Clonmel is getting soon) was the anchor tenant I'd probably be there every week as well.

Where as putting a token little store like Dunnes have and the planners I can't see any of the other shops giving me a big enough reason to travel up there. Soon Clonmel could be getting it all.

Its a lovely shopping centre, but with no draw to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Namesco wrote: »
    Well its a bit like this, If Tesco(like every other county in the country has )was the anchor tenant, I'd probably be up there at least once a week, or if Marks and Spencer (like Clonmel is getting soon) was the anchor tenant I'd probably be there every week as well.

Where as putting a token little store like Dunnes have and the planners I can't see any of the other shops giving me a big enough reason to travel up there. Soon Clonmel could be getting it all.

Its a lovely shopping centre, but with no draw to it

Agreed Namesco. If it wasn't for the fact that I live so close to the place I would be in there at all. Its one big convenience store to me. Nothing in there really stands out there. Just a ton of overpriced coffee shops and a Dunnes store that seems to be empty half the time.

Advertisement