Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Our own worst enemy

• 26-06-2008 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

They may be slow, but they're incessant, they may lack strength, but they'll never fatigue. In short, we all know what zombies are capable of.

So I'm wondering will the greatest threat we as a race face come from ourselves?

I mean if I haven't eaten in four days and I come face to face with someone across a can of beans, chances are one of us will get a spade in the face.
    I know this forum is all about preparing ourselves for the worst.....but what if we find ourselves in a worst-case scenario.

How low will we go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Its true. Almost as threatening as the zombies will be the risks of in-fighting and competition for food/resources. Not to mention the threats posed by gangs of yobs, religious zealots and crazy people run a muck.
    The zombies are just the beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well tis the survival of the fittest. if my granny wont give me the can of beans i will have to take them and if my method involves a spade to the face so be it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I would murder you all the insure that myself and the hot chick of the group stay alive.

Life with out pussy is not worth living, might as well throw yourself to the Meatbags tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dragan wrote: »
    I would murder you all the insure that myself and the hot chick of the group stay alive.

Life with out pussy is not worth living, might as well throw yourself to the Meatbags tbh.

Hey, you got to repopulate the race somehow.

Of course the trick to prevent this would be to make some form of commune...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Commune? Argh! That has nothing but hippy connotations for me.
    Fortified dwellings is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Roen wrote: »
    Commune? Argh! That has nothing but hippy connotations for me.
    Fortified dwellings is the way to go.

We should get the B team to build us fortifications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Dragan wrote: »

+ 1. No sloppy seconds for me *grabs spade* :pac:

Seriously though, there are various references regarding this topic in movies (dawn of the dead - the biker gang at the end), graphic novels ( the walking dead - a human rogue established town forces 'strangers' who are human to fight zombies for blood sport) or even other other related media ( war of the worlds - people kill each other just to get a car that is running properly). So yeah pretty much regarding an individuals mentality when z-day comes they will either kill you for even the most basic primitive needs or will actually try and help each other to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

They never seem to show that animals and insects can be infected, imagine swarms of zombie bees! You and a bunch of survivals accidentally stumble into a zoo with all the animals infected and gone wild, a huge infected Rhinoceros with red eyes! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I think the more important thing is as food runs low and we start being "more openminded as to what meats we eat" how will you discern the zombies from the normals when they're all chewing on human rinds or a fresh leg of man?:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

farohar wrote: »
    I think the more important thing is as food runs low and we start being "more openminded as to what meats we eat" how will you discern the zombies from the normals when they're all chewing on human rinds or a fresh leg of man?:eek:
    I'll be using salt and ketchup on my human rind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

The fact that some of us may be forced to go cannibal has not eluded me.

I think one of the biggest opportunity's in recent Z flicks was missed at the end of Dawn of the Dead (2004).
    Having video footage of a zombie attack at the end was predictable in the least. It should have panned out that the survivors were forced by hunger to start eating one another.
    Kind of ultimately ironic in that they survived what they did only to be eaten by their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

In diary of the dead there are a kind of rouge group of soldiers who basically just steal weapons from our would be heroes.
    Pity they didn't smack the sh*t out of that guy with the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Doubt that it would be that bad that we need to lunch on each other lively ones.If the majority of the pouplation of the country is "dead" they wont need canned food or other sustanance,so that leaves plenty for us livelies.There will be plenty of "game" in the form of now feral cattle,pigs,horses,cats,dogs,etc to supply meat needs.Only thing that might be tricky is sorting out the fruit& veg requirements.We had better figure out how to grow small plots of stuff in your retreats to stay healthy.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Doubt that it would be that bad that we need to lunch on each other lively ones.If the majority of the pouplation of the country is "dead" they wont need canned food or other sustanance,so that leaves plenty for us livelies.There will be plenty of "game" in the form of now feral cattle,pigs,horses,cats,dogs,etc to supply meat needs.Only thing that might be tricky is sorting out the fruit& veg requirements.We had better figure out how to grow small plots of stuff in your retreats to stay healthy.

Considering the amount of land required for such a plot relative to the number of people which the plot is to supply any such plot could not be effectively guarded unless you only intend to supply the product as a treat, not as a significant part of the guards' diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

zombies dont eat veg. the plot will be safe. and last time i check the like of spuds and carrots is quite hard to hide in. the only problem you will have is picking apples on a dark foggy night.....

Martron wrote: »
    zombies dont eat veg. the plot will be safe. and last time i check the like of spuds and carrots is quite hard to hide in. the only problem you will have is picking apples on a dark foggy night.....

But they will want to eat the people tending the plot was my point and due to the size of the plot it would be difficult to effectively guard with only a skeleton crew.

Advertisement