Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damaged shower tray

• 26-06-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

Have a crack in the base of my shower - Hymer 544 1993. Should I order replacement from Uk and try to fit it myself or should I take it somewhere to be done and if yes any recommendations (munster area). Would appreciate any info. Thanks.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Is it gone beyond repair? GRP/Fiberglass could be patched up with a good finish obtainable. There's a lot of info on the web on GRP & Fiberglass repair. Failing a repair you could buy a tray and it could be a DIY job. The job would probably involve taking out the toilet and sink, fitting the tray and sealing it up. I'd say trying to repair it would be easier.
    Another option would be to try somebody that does boat repairs. Similiar marerials involved.
    Buckleys caravans in Cork, Camping crazy or Anchorpoint Motorhomes would be down your way that may be able to supply a tray and advise on somebody to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Thanks for your reply. I think it might be worth trying to repair it alright so I will have a look on the net.Changing it should be my last resort. GRP means nothing to me so I will have to do some research. I know nothing about fibreglass eitehr so more research. Hadn't thought of the boat repairs, sure of course they would be very similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

There's quiet a few instructional videos on Youtube on Fiberglass etc. The'll give you a good idea on what the process is. Here's one example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I have a crack there too.

I am going to drill a small hole at each end of the crack try to ensure it doesn't get bigger.

Also, it probably cracked due to poor support underneath... so perhasp open it up a bit and spray in expanding foam???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Thanks for all the information. Will see how that works. That video is excellent. Thought you tube was all just music and stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

I've got a couple of cracks in my shower tray and following advice from another forum I tried Milliput and JBWeld, but unfortunatley neither did the job...

I don't know what material the shower tray is made from - some type of plastic....

Another suggestion that I haven't got round to trying is to go to a local PVC windows manufacturer, the suggestion being that they would have some cold weld that is used on the windows that would do the job..

Good luck with your repair.

Chris

Advertisement