Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JME / J2ME Advice

Options
  • 26-06-2008 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I have already studied previously Jave SE the likes of AWT / Swing and am looking to learn JME or J2ME and would welcome any advice.

Is there a high learning curve given what i already know?

What is Lightweight UI Toolkit (Similar to swing)?

How does one for instance if one wants to develope for the Nokia or other mobile producer implement there API / SDK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i downloaded a book called sam's j2me application development. It covers a lot of the basics and gets you going. I can email it to you if you want

i've only made a few small things but the phone i was developing for didn't really make a difference. I used the nokia emulator integrated with eclipse for testing and they worked on a variety of makes and models

i wrote out a guide a few months ago of exactly the steps needed to set up eclipse for j2me. I'll see if i can dig it out

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i downloaded a book called sam's j2me application development. It covers a lot of the basics and gets you going. I can email it to you if you want

i've only made a few small things but the phone i was developing for didn't really make a difference. I used the nokia emulator integrated with eclipse for testing and they worked on a variety of makes and models

i wrote out a guide a few months ago of exactly the steps needed to set up eclipse for j2me. I'll see if i can dig it out

Thanks Sam

I really appreciate your help i have sent you a private message that contains my email address.

Again i am very appreciative of your help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

The book is really good, i used it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Done and dusted

Sam Vimes wrote: »

Hey Sam,

Would it be possible for me to get a copy of you. Wouldnt mind taking a look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hey Sam,

Would it be possible for me to get a copy of you. Wouldnt mind taking a look at it?

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Done and dusted

Cool Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

I'm most of the way through 'Beginning J2ME' by Jonathan Knudsen and Sing Li (Apress). I've found it to be very good. It was written in 2005 though, so things have moved on a little bit. If you've a decent amount of Java SE experience you shouldn't find Java ME very difficult.

Advertisement