Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donadoni sacked, Lippi back

• 26-06-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3742835,00.html

well its now official, i wonder is it really such a good move for Lippi? i mean he cant really improve on his record, all he can do realistically is taint it with this bunch of aging players! :eek:

still bad news for Ireland i feel though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

kryogen wrote: »
    well its now official, i wonder is it really such a good move for Lippi? i mean he cant really improve on his record, all he can do realistically is taint it with this bunch of aging players! :eek:

In all fairness, Lippi probably has the best record of any manager ever, so it would take an awful lot to taint it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ah i wouldnt say that now....

but he cant really improve on what he has done with Italy so why go back?

it doesnt make sense to me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nesta and Totti will come out of retirement, thats a huge boots for him.

He will have Mario Balotelli and Amauri to add to his strikers.

He already has a plethoria of centre backs and fullbacks to choose from.

Players like Di Rossi, Montolivo, Aqualini, Paloschi, Pasqual, Borriello, Pozzi, Acquafresca, Rossi, and a even Chiellini are all going to improve over the next year or two.

Italy have a beter future than England IMHO, it's easy to see why he's going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Bubs101 wrote: »
    In all fairness, Lippi probably has the best record of any manager ever, so it would take an awful lot to taint it
    Trap's record is better

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That will change...

• Advertisement

there are a few managers out there with a better record then Lippi, but that is not really what my issue is anyway

its just that, he has won a world cup with them, what is left to do? he cant possible improve on that achievement. he can only now fail i feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

there are a few managers out there with a better record then Lippi, but that is not really what my issue is anyway

its just that, he has won a world cup with them, what is left to do? he cant possible improve on that achievement. he can only now fail i feel.
    Winning two world cups in a row would be a hell of achievement and incentive enough for a winner like Lippi to come back imo.

Winning two world cups in a row would be a hell of achievement and incentive enough for a winner like Lippi to come back imo.

lol ok fair point, but im sure an intelligent man like Lippi will know thats pretty unlikely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Well what else is he gonna do? It's his national team, maybe he feels an afinity! He's won the CL and Serie A too, I think he's done chasing personal accolades tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

lol ok fair point, but im sure an intelligent man like Lippi will know thats pretty unlikely!
    Stanger things have happened in football. :) I would never rule Italy out of winning the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

dfx- wrote: »
    That will change...
    Hehehe :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

WE ARE GONA BEAT THEM IN dUBLIN AND DRAW IN ROME OR WHEREVER ANYAY

chdpoker wrote: »
    WE ARE GONA BEAT THEM IN dUBLIN AND DRAW IN ROME OR WHEREVER ANYAY

:) few drinks tonight mate? good one?

:) few drinks tonight mate? good one?
    yes.optimism ftw

chdpoker wrote: »
    yes.optimism ftw

nice one :)

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Looks a strange decision from Lippi. As pointed out, he has won the World Cup, what's left to achieve except failure to repeat? Even if he wins another, he has done it before.

Advertisement