Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what will we do when euro 08 ends?!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

hunter164 wrote: »
    That's some support of your national games!:eek:

in summary

onyd = rovers fan

gah tried to murder rovers

he hates the gah

I do too by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

hunter164 wrote: »
    That's some support of your national games!:eek:

National games says who? Oh thats right, they appointed themselves the national game(s). The most watched and played game in Ireland is, and always has been, football.

I like hurling, I think gaelic football is a dirge sport and intensly dislike the fascists who associate themselves (and are tolerated) within the Gah and the myths that certain Gah heads surround themselves with.

The difference between us and them is they are permitted to come on this forum and talk nonsense about stick swinging and bogball, but if one of us ventures onto their forum and says hello its an immediate ban.

Anyway, this thread is about mocking barstoolers, and shouldn't be dragged down to talking about the Gaaliban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Only 50 days to the start of the Premiership and 4 days to transfer window :D

DesF wrote: »
    :eek:

What?

In Sinnots for the Germany Croatia game (I think). You had a blue Shels top on and I said hello?

Or have you someone pretending they are you....

In Sinnots for the Germany Croatia game (I think). You had a blue Shels top on and I said hello?

Or have you someone pretending they are you....

I haven't watched any Euro 2008 games in Sinnotts :eek:

lol, who were you talking to? :D

I haven't watched any Euro 2008 games in Sinnotts :eek:

lol, who were you talking to? :D

I have no idea :confused:

"Are you that Des off the internet?"

"Yeah, pleased to meet you, whats your user name?"

Wierdo.

Wierdo.

:D:D:D:D:D

That is too funny.

Seriously, that wsn't me.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

That is too funny.

Honestly? :confused:

Some youngish bloke in a Shels top, got chatting to him and the interweb came up. He 100% said he was you!!

Thats mad on so many levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

That is too funny.

Aww man thats just brilliant

• Advertisement

Honestly? :confused:

Some youngish bloke in a Shels top, got chatting to him and the interweb came up. He 100% said he was you!!

Thats mad on so many levels.
    What kind of weirdo goes around pretending to be me?

Youngish? I'm 28...I don't know what that means to you though, IO mean if you were 50, I suppose 28 would be youngish.

The last time I was in Sinnotts was the Champions League Final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

in summary

onyd = rovers fan

gah tried to murder rovers

he hates the gah

I do too by the way

I think most GAA fans were disgusted by Thomas Davies TBH but no need to take it out on the game in general. It would me like be saying that I would never watch a game involving Liverpool because they signed Gareth Barry. (Which probably won't happen)
    Please don't be so narrow minded:cool:

Tomthepost wrote: »
    I think most GAA fans were disgusted by Thomas Davies TBH but no need to take it out on the game in general.
    The gah paid for the case. NOT Thomas Davis.
    It would me like be saying that I would never watch a game involving Liverpool because they signed Gareth Barry. (Which probably won't happen)
    No, it wouldn't.

Tell that to the bogballers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Haven't you got that in reverse?

SectionF wrote: »

minded narrow so be don't please

I think most GAA fans were disgusted by Thomas Davies TBH but no need to take it out on the game in general. :

I think so too, but the point is that no-one in the GAA attempted to stop it or make any effort to open a debate on it. So you are all guilty by association.
    It would me like be saying that I would never watch a game involving Liverpool because they signed Gareth Barry. (Which probably won't happen)

No, it would not be in any way like that. Don't trivialise the disgraceful actions that were taken in the GAA's name and with GAA money by comparing it to a player transfer.

• Advertisement

I post alot more on the GAA then here to be honest but I like both codes and indeed all sports and I think alot of the people that post in the GAA section are the same.
    By the way if ye really want to get the what I call 'old school' GAA fans noses up ye should go on and say some nice things about Paul Galvin;)

I post alot more on the GAA then here to be honest but I like both codes and indeed all sports and I think alot of the people that post in the GAA section are the same.
    By the way if ye really want to get the what I call 'old school' GAA fans noses up ye should go on and say some nice things about Paul Galvin;)

onyd is banned from the gah forum, because the nazi mods (srsly, they are worse than the soccer mods) banned him, they couldn't handle a few home truths.

Bastards.

SectionF wrote: »

you do have to laugh when you are called narroe minded by a Gah head.

go onto their forum and call them narrow minded and see what happens....

I post alot more on the GAA then here to be honest but I like both codes and indeed all sports and I think alot of the people that post in the GAA section are the same.;)

Fair enough, I'm sure you are one of the 99% of the Gah that are ordinary decent sports fans. Why don't you do something about the 1% bigot that infests the GAA?

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

for €15 you will be treated to a festival of lads lumping the ball up and down a cabbage patch

LOL. And the EPL is comprised completely of total-football teams?

I guess that means you didn't support Ireland in 1990 as well.

Either you love football or you don't. Not so much football junkies as brand junkies.

• Advertisement

you do have to laugh when you are called narroe minded by a Gah head.

go onto their forum and call them narrow minded and see what happens....

I did say 'please'!
    Alot of growing up needs to be done on both side of the fences if you ask me.
    And I wouldn't consider myself a huge Gah head.
    1 Villa EPL title = 5 Kerry All-Ireland's

onyd is banned from the gah forum, because the nazi mods (srsly, they are worse than the soccer mods) banned him, they couldn't handle a few home truths.

Bastards.

Would that have been from the thread on the Tallaght stadium??? I think alot of people were giving out about the GAA on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

It's hard for some people to accept that others in fact a large number of people enjoy a lot of different sports, I personally think it's great that the GAA gets into full swing as the soccer and rugby comes to an end. Euro 2008 has been most enjoyable and I'm looking forward to Sunday's games greatly, and I'm sure a lot of EL fans will also be watching the Dubs and the Euro 2008 Final as well. I myself would go to an EL match but my nearest team is Athlone Town 15 miles away and tbh I'm not giving up my Friday night card game to go as I believe they are particularly bad this year.
    I don't thing ONYD and to a lesser extent DesF are true representatives of EL fans if they are then the EL is in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

patmac wrote: »
    I don't thing ONYD and to a lesser extent DesF are true representatives of EL fans if they are then the EL is in trouble.

They'd be in a great state if they had more fans like DesF and ONYD.

The more people who go to every match the better.

Good point I suppose but so anti-everything other than EL is kinda like the GAA back in the late 70's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I don't thing ONYD and to a lesser extent DesF are true representatives of EL fans

Of course they're not. We're all brit- loving, ultra hooligan geezers innit?

God we got them in the GAA forum ironically enough also. Do they go on like this because this would be enough to put anyone off sport:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Flukey

Adverts | Friends
    Well boys, I am just home after my day out in Croker. During the course of the day I met a man, known on this forum, who had come from Glasgow to be there, including a 3 hour flight delay, and was heading back there this evening. I saw 3 matches. Dublin drew one and lost one that they should have won. I'm still happy with my day out, which actually cost me more than I anticipated. But that is enough about my day.

Now, I'll ask a question of the Clare fans. Are you:

(a) Disgusted that you won because that means you'll have to travel to a Munster Final.
    (b) Delighted to be in the Munster Final.

I am no mind-reader but I am sure the choice of the two above options is obvious. That has been my central point throughout the thread. Today may have cost you a bit, and it would have been better to have had the game in the Gaelic Grounds, something I have never denied, despite what some seem to think. I keep having to mention matches I've been to because while the established posters here know about that and get tired of me saying it again and again, myself and other Dublin posters have the usual stereotypes thrown at us by the newbies coming in, as if we know nothing about matches and never go to them, or only go short journeys when we do.

Clare supporters may not have been happy at the point this thread started, but after today's result, the issue of the venue all seems immaterial now. It means another day out, and one in the Munster final. It will cost, but despite the cost and inconvenience of being in a Munster Final, when that final whistle blew today, Clare fans were most certainly (b) of the above two options. If they knew before today's game that the Munster Final was to be played in Sydney, they'd still be just as delighted when that final whistle went, which has been my case throughout. Whatever counties go home with the Liam McCarthy Cup and Sam Maguire Cup in September, for the fans, the cost of following their team will be the last thing on their mind. It'll have been worth every cent, and even for those that just win provincial titles.

It's hard for some people to accept that others in fact a large number of people enjoy a lot of different sports, I personally think it's great that the GAA gets into full swing as the soccer and rugby comes to an end. Euro 2008 has been most enjoyable and I'm looking forward to Sunday's games greatly, and I'm sure a lot of EL fans will also be watching the Dubs and the Euro 2008 Final as well. I myself would go to an EL match but my nearest team is Athlone Town 15 miles away and tbh I'm not giving up my Friday night card game to go as I believe they are particularly bad this year.

Hold on, I am very much into sporting ecumenism. Play and watch what you like.

But my hostility to the Gah can be traced directly from when THEY attacked Rovers through the courts with the stated intention of killing them off.

So save your live and let live sermons for the cranks and bigots in the Gah who have previous in this regard. If they had half as much pride in their own games as they had in hatred of others the world would be a better place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

But my hostility to the Gah can be traced directly from when THEY attacked Rovers through the courts with the stated intention of killing them off.

So save your live and let live sermons for the cranks and bigots in the Gah who have previous in this regard. If they had half as much pride in their own games as they had in hatred of others the world would be a better place.

Can we stop this going down the soccer v GAA route.

Loads of other threads have already decended into soccer v GAA already.

Can we please keep this to a EL v Rest of the World debate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

When Euro 2008 ends, I'll be at the Lancashire County Cricket Club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

How long does Wimbeldon go on for? I've been enjoying that the last few days... Although Maria Sharapova was knocked out yesterday :( Disaster. And by her less attractive, more masculine Russian counterpart!

You really ought to move on from this it can't be doing you any good healthwise, every time the GAA is mentioned you flip, it's over you won and personally I'm glad you won.
    As for making the world a better place I'll bring up your suggestion at the next GAA congress and then maybe Mugabe will have free and fair elections in Zimbabwe.

Can we stop this going down the soccer v GAA route.

Loads of other threads have already decended into soccer v GAA already.

Can we please keep this to a EL v Rest of the World debate

It is relevant to the topic to be fair. People are just encouraging Soccer fans to try watching a bit of the GAA so as to get their 'fix' after the Euros.
    The GAA comments have been very civil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Wierdo.

Wow i cant believe theres more than one des off the internet, especially wearing a shels top! Is this why your changing your name to Dessy Des??

Advertisement