Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uniteds next striker

• 26-06-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Who would you most like to see?
    and why?

Milito - linked to numerous clubs
    Guiza - rumours of him leaving
    David Villa - strongly believed to be moving away
    Berbatov - long term rumours of moving to united
    Eto'o - on the move
    Pavyluchenko - may move to bigger club if approached
    Pryogbryin - same
    Sergio Aguero - (no chance really but has been some paper talk)
    Miroslav Klose - has become expendable at munich (1 goal since dec)
    Robbie Keane - unlikely
    Dean Ashton - may move for big money
    Mario Gomez - linked to numerous clubs
    brazilian Joe - definitely moving, fancied premiership
    Adriano - is hoping to stay with inter, mourinho will give him a chance
    Trezeguet - is on the move
    Gomiz - would move for big money
    Schevchenko - i son move
    Luca Toni - probably out of reach
    Drogba - on move but would chelsea sell to united?

Who would you like to be uniteds next striker? 41 votes

Milito
    0%
    Guiza
    0%
    David Villa
    0%
    Berbatov
    17%
    Lafortezzasprinklesdeisedevilanonymous_joezeusnerostovelidkwestfan08 7 votes
    Eto'o
    29%
    PHBdubmickWellyJMr.Nice GuygafarrellLongrangedrivermarkontapCarcharodonKillme00Mr AlanKildareredcallaway92 12 votes
    Pavyluchenko
    17%
    evad_lhorgMitch ConnorD.S.s_carnageIm_No_Supermanwill1977pvt.joker 7 votes
    Progybryin
    2%
    Vic Vinegar 1 vote
    S. Aguero
    0%
    Klose
    0%
    Robbie Keane
    2%
    Fozzy 1 vote
    Ahton
    2%
    dc69 1 vote
    Gomez
    2%
    staker 1 vote
    Brazillian Joe
    4%
    Galvaseantitan18 2 votes
    Trezegeut
    2%
    BigCon 1 vote
    Gomiz
    0%
    Schevchenko
    0%
    Luca Toni
    12%
    dardozmachiavellianmeDSBgrames_bondgixerfixer 5 votes
    Didier drogba
    2%
    MementoMori 1 vote
    Other _ please specify
    4%
    Chongraido9 2 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    0%

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Trezeguet has said that he's not leaving and I can't see Juve wanting to sell thier highest scoring foreigner of all time either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pointless poll and thread.

what the fúck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Seaneh wrote: »
    Trezeguet has said that he's not leaving and I can't see Juve wanting to sell thier highest scoring foreigner of all time either.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=721999
    that report claims juve or willing to offload him for 25 million
    they spent millions on amauri
    I know its paper talk but all the candidates or based on paper talk
    its all we have really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Kulgan wrote: »

This thread shouldn't even be in there.

The majority of the people in the poll have in no way shape or form been linked with United this summer.

I mean ffs.

This thread screams of an attention seeking child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

DesF wrote: »

what the fúck?
    +1

haha.

Using goal.com as a sourse is a bit, I dunno, retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Ahton
    sucks.jpg:D

The majority of the people in the poll have in no way shape or form been linked with United this summer.

I mean ffs.

does a player have to be linked to a club for you to want them at a club?

I'd also like pit point out another mistake.

Your poll says Shevchenko is on the move even though Chelsea have rejected 12 offers from Milan this summer and repeatedly told Milan that he isn't for sale, but sure, you'd know better then Peter Kenyon, wouldn't ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Toni - out of reach?

He should be so lucky for a club like Utd to be interested in him.

does a player have to be linked to a club for you to want them at a club?

Why did you start this thread?

What was wrong with the ManYoo thread already opened. It's about Transfer speculation.

Just like this thread.

What age are you? Did you just finish school for the summer or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

thank god, i was beginning to think i was the only one who saw what this guy was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

In

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'd also like pit point out another mistake.

Your poll says Shevchenko is on the move even though Chelsea have rejected 12 offers from Milan this summer and repeatedly told Milan that he isn't for sale, but sure, you'd know better then Peter Kenyon, wouldn't ya.

that is not a mistake,
    i am not saying they are likely to leave their clubs would you read what i have said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Poor shoulderchip.

You forgot to include benzema the striker that utd have been linked to the most.

that is not a mistake,
    i am not saying they are likely to leave their clubs would you read what i have said.

Would you read the other thread called "manchester United transfer rumours".

GIMMMEEEE ATTTENNNNTTTIIOOONNNN NNNOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

Poor shoulderchip.

You forgot to include benzema the striker that utd have been linked to the most.

ha yeah your right, I had him in my head, but forgot to type him down.

I guess this would have gone better in the megathread
    didn't think people would be so against it.
    I thought sometimes that it was Ok to drift from megathread in order to ask a poll.

I thought sometimes that it was Ok to drift from megathread in order to ask a poll.

Maybe if it was a worthwhile poll. :rolleyes:

ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What was wrong with the ManYoo thread already opened. It's about Transfer speculation.

Just like this thread.

Plus one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

You would think that, but the people who spend their lives on here seem to have nothing else to worry about than boards.

Maybe if it was a worthwhile poll. :rolleyes:

ffs.

yeah ok I thought it was worthwile,
    clearly most people disagree
    no need to be so condescending you are making me feel really shit about it now.

no need to be so condescending you are making me feel really shit about it now.

Oh I'm so sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm actually laughing at how much people are against it. I myself dont particularly care but its like beating a new puppy with a sledgehammer cos it pissed on the carpet.
    It was an honest mistake i'd imagine but the puppy wont do it again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol @ Des

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Tough love :)

Des means well

Really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

Benzema and Santa Cruz would hardly be included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Eto'o
    ShoulderChip, i wouldnt take it personally, people will always have issue with almost any thread you or anyone else makes.

If Utd were linked with a couple of strikers strongly and were definately signing one, then ya could start a thread and people would be much more responsive.

The problem with this one is its way to vague, Utd havent been linked with anyone really, except for Benzema, and even then its when Lyon say he aint for sale, plus he doesnt wanna go to Utd.

But peoples reactions were way over the top.

People who should know better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Eto'o

I mean ffs.

what the fúck?

Just like this thread.

Would you read the other thread called "manchester United transfer rumours".

GIMMMEEEE ATTTENNNNTTTIIOOONNNN NNNOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
    Oh I'm so sorry.

The words pot, kettle and black come to mind and INSANE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

Berbatov
    Mr Alan wrote: »

But peoples reactions were way over the top.

People who should know better.

Took the words out of my mouth...

So shoulderchip started a new thread, on a topic that was of interest to him and he probably thought might be of interest to a few other people in the forum, as a sideline to the monster thread.

No need for certain posters to be complete dícks about it.

Voted for Villa, i don't see Benzema coming, why oh why would Utd want Shevchenko, don't think drogba or etoo would add that much to the team. If it was a case of we could buy anyone, i'd pick Torres.

One piece of advice for future threads though Shoulderchip - do more research on the topic at hand before posting and maybe give your own opinion in the opening post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Eto'o
    Would like to see Berbatov at United, I think it could work really well and he could become a legend there

Eto'o
    i take back my entire post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I clicked into this thread expecting something exciting and all I got was something worse than Tribal Football.

No problem with new threads starting, once there's something worthwhile in them. Most of this isn't even speculation.

/goes off to start 'Should City give Danny Mills or Sun Jihai a new contract' thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Berbatov
    double post - sorry

Berbatov
    ****ing hell. This forum has all of sudden become an elitest place to be. Des, why don't you take your "ffs" and post somewhere else. To be honest the question was a fair one, albeit missing a few people :). No need for all the hostility. The superthread is full of ego's at the minute and is barely readable withall the sh*te being batted around.

Personally I think a poll on who people think united should buy is a perfectly viable thread. If you don't, don't ****ing post in it. And have a bit of ****ing respect.

Actually, saw this on the font page, thought finally a thread worth reading, maybe without all the tripe, guess I was wrong.... :rolleyes:

Villa ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Anto Flood.

In fairness I wouldnt mind this thread if there were actual speculation. Otherwise we'd have a whole load of football manager fantasy type threads.

At the same time htough, any new threads around here get shot down too quick. Especially if its not related to Euro 2008/United/Liverpool people dont seem to want to know. You'd think they were fans of foootball.

That said, ShoulderChip, I'm sorry I cant resist.......have u got a LINK for all of the guys on this poll being linked to United? :pac::pac:

Eto'o
    emmm, neil, this thread is about Utd

• Advertisement

That said, ShoulderChip, I'm sorry I cant resist.......have u got a LINK for all of the guys on this poll being linked to United? :pac::pac:

no I don't as I never said they were linked to United.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    emmm, neil, this thread is about Utd

i know that, Ive seen threads bomb around here though just because they arent about the traditional big 2 around here.

I know this particular one is "about United" (is it though cos its basically a fantasy thread) i was making the point more of the attitudes of posters here, some seem to wanna keep discussion to the superthreads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Its generally accepted that club issues stay within the superthread, except for big news, like "Man U bid for x". This type of thread is exactly what the superthreads are there for, to stop pointless clutter on the front page.

ShoulderChip, in time you'll learn young padawan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

hunter164 wrote: »
    Anto Flood.

:D

Max Cream too:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Luca Toni
    damnit im too tired for this, i voted for schevo but i thaught it sed schweinsteiger-one of the coolest names ever (and i kno he is not a striker but i still wanted him to be on the poll)

Berbatov
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Its generally accepted that club issues stay within the superthread, except for big news, like "Man U bid for x". This type of thread is exactly what the superthreads are there for, to stop pointless clutter on the front page.

ShoulderChip, in time you'll learn young padawan.
    That's the problem with superthreads and is the very reason why a dedicated Forum should be created. Topics like this - or other more meaningful topics can get lost in minutes on a superthread and never really get discussed properly. For instance the news that Ole was getting a testimonial was lost within 1 page and never really garnered the discussion it deserved. (that's just a random example I can think of now, no doubt someone will search through the thread and prove that it was discussed on 2 pages! :rolleyes:)

These threads need to be seperate from the superthread imo

sprinkles wrote: »
    That's the problem with superthreads and is the very reason why a dedicated Forum should be created. Topics like this - or other more meaningful topics can get lost in minutes on a superthread and never really get discussed properly. For instance the news that Ole was getting a testimonial was lost within 1 page and never really garnered the discussion it deserved. (that's just a random example I can think of now, no doubt someone will search through the thread and prove that it was discussed on 2 pages! :rolleyes:)

These threads need to be seperate from the superthread imo

U mean those kinds of threads (Olé's testimonial)

These kinds of ones (ie fantasy threads) should be in the superthread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Berbatov
    Berbetov is winning :eek:. He may be a good striker but there is more than a bit of an Anelka about him, he's bit of a moody ****er. Villa FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Christ, it's only a thread. Just ignore if you're not interested.

Personally I hate Man U but who gives a crap if someone wants to discuss all the possible strikers tht may join and stick a poll up?

Back on topic, is it just me or does there seem to be a lack of big centre forwards around these days?

Or have Man U reached the stage where only one of the best few in the world will do them? - i.e. Drogba, Benzema(maybe), Ade & Berbatov.

Now some will say I suffer from watching the premiership too much, and I do really hate Utd(did I mention that), but hatred apart, they're the only ones I can see suceeding there.

Even Benzema is a bit no no because he moves around a lot like Rooney & Tevez. Big target men are in short supply.

IMHO if Ronaldo leaves, Fergie has to accept that last years tactics won't win him another trohpy because he doesn't have another 30 goal winger and he should break the bank to land Berbatov.

Berbatov
    U mean those kinds of threads (Olé's testimonial)

These kinds of ones (ie fantasy threads) should be in the superthread.

You could argue for or against including topics like this in a superthread. You can't have a poll for it if it was in the superthread. It's an interesting question and personally I'm interested in the outcome of the poll. Some people's attitiude to this thread (Des/Xavi etc) has been way out of line imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement