Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uniteds next striker

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Luis Fabiano was left out. Not to mention that if Manucho does get a work permit, he's most likely to be striker no.3 (maybe 4). I wouldn't mind Pavlyuchenko, he seems to be the same frame as Solskjaer, equally pacey and able to hold off the defenders. Yet, he's not a Van Nistelrooy predator that's most needed if Ronaldo (hopefully) does go, and takes his 30+ goals for next season with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Eto'o
    Here's an idea though for everyone. If you think there's something wrong with a thread, use the report post function. Instead of just saying, 'this thread is retarded', which I think every single person realises where the thread is going to go after that.

Use the bloody report post, and let the mods deal with it, ya know, moderate the discussion. Instead of calling a thread stupid which makes us basically football365.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PHB wrote: »
    Here's an idea though for everyone. If you think there's something wrong with a thread, use the report post function. Instead of just saying, 'this thread is retarded', which I think every single person realises where the thread is going to go after that.

Use the bloody report post, and let the mods deal with it, ya know, moderate the discussion. Instead of calling a thread stupid which makes us basically football365.

I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

DesF wrote: »
    I did.

so you didnt dismiss this thread in a post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Brazillian Joe
    I voted for Gomez. Of course i only say this because I'm not a United fan. :P
    I think David Villa would be perfect for United, so hope they don't get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Berbatov most likely, it'll probably hinge on what happens to Ronaldo.

As for Desf, stick to the LoI threads, not being a Man United fan any longer, this thread should not interest you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

astrofool wrote: »
    Berbatov most likely, it'll probably hinge on what happens to Ronaldo.

As for Desf, stick to the LoI threads, not being a Man United fan any longer, this thread should not interest you.

mute point

plenty of people posting here are not united fans

the thread starter is a chelsea fan. why did it interest him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

so you didnt dismiss this thread in a post?

i think he means he did report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

PHB wrote: »
    I did.

18.15 - thread started
    18.28 - Des posts
    18.33 - Des posts
    18.37 - Des reports post
    18.38 - Des posts
    18.43 - Des posts
    18.46 - Des posts
    18.52 - Des posts

Surely PHB you could have closed the thread after posting in it!!! I cannot see much positive discussion being generated here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Berbatov
    Berb seems to be the favorite at the min. I'd be happy with him but villa's a younger lad and seems like he's less of an ego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,436 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pavyluchenko
    MY order of preference would be:

Benzema
    Eto'o
    Villa
    Berbatov.

Benzema is either going nowhere or to spain.
    Eto'o is going somewhere, but no links to united, at all, so it will be one from AC, Inter and Chelsea i reckon.
    Villa could be on the move, but I reckon Arsenal or Liverpool are more likely destinations if he comes to England.
    Berbatov....could be moving but I don't think he is what we need. He is neither clinical, not a big strong lead the line type of striker so.... meh, and he will cost an absolute fortune too.

I would have liked to see us sign Ashton and Young - great english talents with massive potential and would fit into the team, but neither are a possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Manucho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Eto'o
    I did.

You bitched about it, then reported it. That kinda defeats the point doesn't it?

The point of reporting a post is to let the mods deal with it. If you have a problem with it, just like if you have a problem with a post, you report it, then leave it.

Just like calling somebody a troll doesn't help anything, calling a thread stupid doesn't help anything either.

Just report it and leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Why is Drogba in this tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,436 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pavyluchenko
    Because he is a striker that could be on the move tbh

(i am confused by your use of tbh, tbh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

no one voted other despite santa cruz and benzema not being on the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Berbatov
    Not so sure of Ashton, I think he needs a full season under him to prove himself.

Smegball wrote: »
    Why is Drogba in this tbh

Eh, Shevchenko!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Berbatov
    Des, first of all I agree with you but "ffs" did you have to be such an ass about it? :mad:

I'd love to see Benzema with us but chances of that are slim.
    I know Incey has said hands off to Roque Santa Cruz but I'm sure we could change his mind, he's already proven himself in the Prem and he could do very well for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement