Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Vectra-Tension belt !!

Options
  • 26-06-2008 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

My Opel Vectra (2006, 70k km) seems to jump or bump-along as I take off in 1st gear, it gives a few quick jumps/skips as I engage 1st gear, would it be the Tension belt ? or is it common in Vectras ? ie. a friend of mine has the same issue.... It only seems to happen at a cold start....
    Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Sounds like a judder in your clutch. Is this happening on take off when letting the clutch out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Yep, thats a good description, a judder.
    It happens as I lift my foot off the clutch and 1st gear is being engaged.
    But.......only on cold starts.......!! wierd.
    I also notice that as I go into other gears, eg. from 1st to 2nd in particular, that the revs go up as I engage the clutch.....!!
    Surely, as you take your foot off the accelerator & put your foot on the clutch, the revs should drop, shouldn't they ?
    mmmmm.......have I a clutch problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

By the sound of what you are saying, yes you do have a clutch problem. I have seen it a few times with vectras. I know that there was a modified clutch brought out for some of the first 1.6 zafiras but not sure if the same applies for the vectra, it is a different gearbox so is probably a different clutch. When you say the revs are jumping, by how much? if you are coasting along in gear at say 2500rpm with your foot off the accelerator and you put your foot on the clutch what happens? Have you noticed and other problems such as power loss? rough running? hard start?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

BTW, Thanks for all your informed info:
    if you are coasting along in gear at say 2500rpm with your foot off the accelerator and you put your foot on the clutch what happens?
    I'm pretty sure the revs would jump to about 2700 or so, i will re-try this and report back.
    Have you noticed and other problems such as power loss? rough running? hard start?
    Nope, otherwise it runs pretty well.
    Slightly Off-Topic but : I notice that the overall ride is jumpy, ie. the suspension feels like it is hard, eg. you would really know it when you hit a bump or undulation in the road (motorway & back-road). I didn't experience this with other cars I've owned/driven, so bad that my CD player skips ALOT.......wtf.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Check the tyre pressures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement