Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Integra Question...

Options
  • 26-06-2008 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Sup yall, I'm 22 and have 2 years no claims, i wanna get a Honda Integra dc5 type r, I rang places for insurance and got quotes of about 4000 from Britton and Daly insurance, people tell me that if you have a current policy with quinn and you buy a new car they have to quote you on it but i'm afraid if i buy it they'll quote me 4000! Has anyone out there done this and what was the price? Or how much are you paying to insure your Integra? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

You're 22 mate. Doesn't matter what way you try to do it, unless you're willing to pay about 4k for insurance, I'm afraid you're kidding yourself. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

try a brokers mate, its your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Your only hope is Xs-Direct.. http://www.xsdirect.ie/step1.php

Q-D just wont insure you, believe me, i know 1st hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I bloody love it! It'd prob be more trouble than it's worth but i'm just curious can anyone help thats got one, most brokers wont quote, there's a few performance car places but its probably a waste of time! Ah...here's to dreaming...

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I bloody love it! It'd prob be more trouble than it's worth but i'm just curious can anyone help thats got one, most brokers wont quote, there's a few performance car places but its probably a waste of time! Ah...here's to dreaming...

>> See post above..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jon22

if you're already with quinn then they have to accept the car, just call them up and tell them you've already bought it, you'll probably have to argue a bit but they'll give in. otherwise you wont find much cheaper then 3500. im 21, 2 years ncb, full licence, and my insurance on a 98 DC2 is 4000, best i could find, had to use a broker, insurers called A.R.B. XS direct wont insure a dc5 for anyone under 25, it tells you on the site if you put the details in, try quinn and lets us know how you get on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Jon22 wrote: »
    if you're already with quinn then they have to accept the car, just call them up and tell them you've already bought it

this quite simply isn't true, they are under no legal obligation to quote you just because your with them and you change the car without getting a quote first.

I have several friends that went down the road of buyin the car then gettin q-d to cover em, a different mate of mine works there and he asked his manager and she said the only way they'll quote me is if i have the log book...I'm just worried about how much it'll be! I tried arb, they said 4100, daly were about the same and so were Britton. Think i mite jus go for summit smaller!!!

why not try a civic vti or sir first? or even see about a dc2 sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

draffodx wrote: »
    why not try a civic vti or sir first? or even see about a dc2 sir?

I have to agree with draffodx.

I mean i have been driving Performance cars for a few years now, my first quote was always going to be big, but if you really want the car there is no other way around it. I am driving a DC5 now and its an amazing car.

Try something smaller first mate, the DC2 is a super car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

logik wrote: »
    I have to agree with draffodx.

I mean i have been driving Performance cars for a few years now, my first quote was always going to be big, but if you really want the car there is no other way around it. I am driving a DC5 now and its an amazing car.

Try something smaller first mate, the DC2 is a super car.

22 years old in a performance car you will be hockied no matter where you go

I'm 24 and I'm being hockied although im glad its not 4k

DC2 is a great car, but if you're set on the DC5 you will have to hand over the money

There is no way you will get decent insurance unless you are prepared to pay a massive excess which is something you don't want.. believe me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

draffodx wrote: »
    this quite simply isn't true, they are under no legal obligation to quote you just because your with them and you change the car without getting a quote first.

Quinn told me they DO have to insure you if you have changed you're car.

The whole area is so cloudly and grey, it's so damn typical
    God I hate all the messing we have to put up with!

Yeah i mite look into that, I got a quote on a 230bhp Rx8, €2500. The only offput is the fuel consumption and the amount of oil needed...and the reliability, my uncle drives one,, i drove it and it was epic...but is it worth the 65 euro for about 160 miles...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭boomboombazza

im 22 with 3 years no claims and i pay 1650 fully comp on an M3 with britton. integras are heavily loaded because most youg lads have single vehicle accidents in them. M3's aren't loaded because not many young lads have M3's. morale of the story... buy an M3 and and scream past your mates in their slow integras and civics and get cheap insurance. note the money you save on insurance will be used up on filling up the M3 with petrol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my friend works in hibernian and thats bs i thought that too about having to quote you. she said they dont have to, but they normally will if u have the car to keep your business.

buy a dc2 integra type r

im lookin to buy a dc2 type r now once my 2.2 euro r is sold.

the insurance is cheaper than the euro r by 350 euro if i drop down to the dc2, and 40 dearer than the euro r if i go for a dc5

dc2 for a year then jump to dc5..thats my plan

The cost of buying an M3 is a killer! Monster of a car and i love em but its jus buyin em thats expensive! What year is yours? How much?

The cost of buying an M3 is a killer! Monster of a car and i love em but its jus buyin em thats expensive! What year is yours? How much?

its a 1995 e36. you can pick them up for peanuts. about 10 grand for a nice clean one although they are getting harder to find. the real cost of the M3 in servicing and maintenance and if some thing goes wrong its mega money.i'd imagine the teg is more than 10k but the running costs will be half that of the M3

How many bhp is a euro r? The reason i want the dc5 is coz its so good lookin

its a 1995 e36. you can pick them up for peanuts. about 10 grand for a nice clean one although they are getting harder to find. the real cost of the M3 in servicing and maintenance and if some thing goes wrong its mega money.i'd imagine the teg is more than 10k but the running costs will be half that of the M3

What size engine is it? Teg?

What size engine is it? Teg?

its a 3.0,tax is 1450ish alone:o

teg is short for integra:D man you should know that if your buying one:D

• Advertisement

I'm the only person outta all my friends thats into cars so i dont get to talk about it much, i jus get told to shut up! 1550 for tax, thats steep. Looked at the 95 model M3 on carzone just there, fine car but the mileage would be the only thing turnin me off there! Most of em have over 100k, i know they're 95's and its low for the year but its a lotta miles. Do you find it reliable?

I'm the only person outta all my friends thats into cars so i dont get to talk about it much, i jus get told to shut up! 1550 for tax, thats steep. Looked at the 95 model M3 on carzone just there, fine car but the mileage would be the only thing turnin me off there! Most of em have over 100k, i know they're 95's and its low for the year but its a lotta miles. Do you find it reliable?

very reliable.its an old skool BMW man! nothing more reliable and if you get one with 100k on the clock it will easily go to 200k with the corrrect maintenence.ie change the oil every 4-5k miles. they are so easy to work on too-i'm useless with mechanics but i learned easily how to do the oil change oil filter air filters vanos filter so servicing is cheap if you DIY.

if its a fast car your after, an e36 M3 will make an absolute fool out of an integra. i should know,i've smoked many a boy racer in an integra(but only when they start revving their engines with their stupidly loud exhausts- they need to be shown whos boss:D)

How many bhp is a euro r? The reason i want the dc5 is coz its so good lookin

about 220bhp
    if its a fast car your after, an e36 M3 will make an absolute fool out of an integra. i should know,i've smoked many a boy racer in an integra(but only when they start revving their engines with their stupidly loud exhausts- they need to be shown whos boss:D)

its a 3 litre 280 - 300bhp car against a 1.8 litre 200bhp car, not exactly a similiar comparison, the m3 is an all out powerhouse while the integra is car designed to be driven everyday but with a track pedigree a balance it strikes right on the nail in my opinion, you "smoked" many a boy racer?? doesn't that make you a boy racer? I know many a mature integra owner that only keep the "smoking" to the track

The best Mod you can get for an M3 is a petrol pump, you will be getting very familiar with your local Maxol! :D

its a 3.0,tax is 1450ish alone:o

teg is short for integra:D man you should know that if your buying one:D
    im 22 with 3 years no claims and i pay 1650 fully comp on an M3 with britton. integras are heavily loaded because most youg lads have single vehicle accidents in them. M3's aren't loaded because not many young lads have M3's. morale of the story... buy an M3 and and scream past your mates in their slow integras and civics and get cheap insurance. note the money you save on insurance will be used up on filling up the M3 with petrol:D
    How much would it cost for you to fill your car? And about how many miles do you get outta it? What type of security do ya have on it?

my euro r is 220 bhp, 2.2 litre dohc vtec.

lovely car but the insurance, price of tax and petrol is killin me so im droppin down engine size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Your not gonna fare much better with a dc2 except for tax,mine was more thirsty than my euro r is and there a hell of alot more uncomfortable as a daily driver.

Id love one again but purely for track use,not a hope in hell would i go back to daily driving one,also my euro r is quicker than the teg which wasnt slow by any means

yeh i love my euro r but the tax is a killer. and my insurance wil lgo down a good bit too.

thats weird u fond it uncomfortable drivin the dc2, a lot of people have said theyre grand for every day use.

you hae urs lowered on 17's or something??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Nope stock wheels and with tein coilovers on the softest setting and it was a pig over ramps and any other minute bump in the road,it was only lowered 30mil too,motorway driving was rotten too,the lack of sound deadening gets to be a pain in the arse after awhile

• Advertisement
Advertisement