Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Bess

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

Croppy, you could try rubbing a solution of baking soda into the metal parts. This is what they do to barrels that have been browned to stop the rusting in its tracks when the desired colour has been reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The guns on IMA certainly look interesting! There's a video too on one of the pages showing a before and after cleaned up 3 band Enfield! Very tempting indeed!

I know, I've been eyeing the yokes for a while now, still have some applications in with the gardai though.
    When everything goes through I'll probably go for one, will see if anyone else wants one as the shipping would be nearly half the cost of the gun. Cheap enfields to be had if you imported a few at once. Will always be wall hangars though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Croppy Boy wrote: »
    Croppy, you could try rubbing a solution of baking soda into the metal parts. This is what they do to barrels that have been browned to stop the rusting in its tracks when the desired colour has been reached.

If I remember correcly, vinegar and bleach do an excellent job getting the rust going in the first place. You need to do it outdoors though as there's a lot of chlorine gas from the reaction.

It's getting confusing having 2 croppy boys, I think I may have pm'd the wrong one at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

kowloon wrote: »
    It's getting confusing having 2 croppy boys

It's a good job you weren't around two hundred years ago, there were thousands of us.:D

Advertisement