Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford info

Options
  • 26-06-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi,
    i am going to be moving to longford shortly and was wonding if i could get some advice from locals!)

i want to rent a room in a house or apartment (maybe just one other person in the house & preferrably in the town with a car space - not asking for much;)). where would i be able to get info on property for rent. i was on daft but a bit pricey.

also, is there a good broadband service there? i have a portable 3 modem thingy which works grand where i am but not sure about up there.

is it easy to get a bit of part time evening work in the area for a bit of extra cash?

finally, is it a good place to live?:)

thnaks guys,

snoopy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

There are a good few rooms to rent in the estates surrounding the town and they will have ample carparking. I don't know the situation with accommodation in the centre of town. At the moment it is a renters market and some of the quoted prices for houses can be negotiated so have your bargaining cap on when you are viewing places.
    There are the usual broadband providers around the town and also Crossan Cable do tv and 9mb broadband.
    As for part-time work I reckon you should pick up a copy of the Longford Leader (out on Wednesdays) or the Weekender and have a look through the classifides.
    Longford is a grand place to live but there isn't always loads to do. Atleast its a fairly central place to live, Dublin is just over an hour away, mullingar, athlone, Carrickonshannon and cavan are roughly half an hour away so your options for activities wont be limited.
    Hope this is helpful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

www.llpm.ie a local letting agent.

www.crossan.ie for your broadband. Check a list of available locations on their webpage.

If your looking for some bar workover the weekends drop me a PM and I will see if I can sort something out for you.

Advertisement