Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Templemore Open Days

• 26-06-2008 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

When is the next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

*bump*

anyone any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

ahh boo, i got excited when i saw someone replied lol

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Audi2008

Hey The next open day is the 20th September 2008

I hope i helped ya now!!!!

Audi2008 wrote: »

Big help! Thank you v much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

Thats a Saturday would that be right considering they would not be many in the college??:confused:

• Advertisement

Hey guys just look up on the www.garda.ie website and go into recuirement and it'l tell you:) hope i was some help to ye:)

That says the 20th Sept 2007 :)
    I'd say there might still be one around then but doesn't look like there is a date for it just yet. ;)
    Pity.

Hey sorry i must have missed that, i was just probly just pasn threw it and thought it said 2008 thanx for telln me before id tell ne1 else!!

Next Open Day is scheduled for 8th Oct

Blue Belle wrote: »
    Next Open Day is scheduled for 8th Oct

Thanx Blue Bell fairplay.... Where did you find that???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jt123456

Nice one. Any of you's planning on heading to it?

Ye Im thinking of heading up to it!:) Where did you hear that because its not the Garda website??

Audi2008 wrote:
    Thanx Blue Bell fairplay.... Where did you find that???
    Ye Im thinking of heading up to it!:) Where did you hear that because its not the Garda website??

Well, ye're both gonna make great guards, so suspicious! ;)
    I contacted the college and asked them. :)

I like your way of thinking blue belle.......well make great guards but you'll make a good detective!!!;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pinkymc08

so is it the 8th oct for def ya...???:)

quote=The Dude 87;57063076]I like your way of thinking blue belle.......well make great guards but you'll make a good detective!!!;):D

Hey Blue Bell, ya hopefully we'l get in now!!!:D:p

Oh ya have you ever been to an Open Day down in Templemore???:)

If so whats it like??? i have only ever been to Templemore one time before but i was vry young thoe so it was hard to rember i ws dwn a my cousins "Passing Threw" (It was kinda cool):)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jeanxx

I went down to the Open Day last year & the place looks amazing, really does.

A big group of us got taken around the college (think it was by a student garda...) & we just got shown places like the library, the gym etc... & told what you would expect if you joined the Guards. It went on for about two hours. At one point you had a 'lecture' with a Sergeant I think about the classes & college life. It was pretty good!

All in all it was great day. Had a good time & really made me want to be a Guard even more so it's well worth a visit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

pinkymc08 wrote: »
    so is it the 8th oct for def ya...???:)

20th september i thought?

shakin wrote: »
    20th september i thought?

Awh im confused now???

I thought it was the 8th Oct.....

Dnt think it wud look good if me and the lads went dwn and nuthin on
    ha ha:D:D

So does anyone know for sure???? i tryd ringn templemore nd HQ and no1 is telln me anything!! Please help as i am very interested.....:)

Thanx:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 MichaelH24

8th October is the open day. It was 20th September last year.

• Advertisement

MichaelH24 wrote: »

'sactly ;)

I contacted the college and asked them, and I was told the 8th October.
    On the Garda website it says 20th Sept 2007. It just hasn't been updated since last year.

'sactly ;)

I contacted the college and asked them, and I was told the 8th October.
    On the Garda website it says 20th Sept 2007. It just hasn't been updated since last year.

Good on ya Blue Bell thanx a mill for that!!!

Just one more question id like to ask you, when you were talkn to the garda college they didnt by any chance tell you what time that the Open day would start and finish at???:)

Thanx again:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Are you meant to go round in a group?

Are you made participate in activities?

Also, when can we apply again via PublicJobs.ie .. Oct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

awesome, myself and 3 other gals from my course shall be there!!! =D

Kidd-o wrote: »
    awesome, myself and 3 other gals from my course shall be there!!! =D

Ya im bringn 2 other lads aswell.....:D:)

But does anyone know what time it will start and go on for???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

can ya just arrive down in templemore or do you have to ring them and let them know how many of ye are going

Good on ya Blue Bell thanx a mill for that!!!

Just one more question id like to ask you, when you were talkn to the garda college they didnt by any chance tell you what time that the Open day would start and finish at???:)

Thanx again:D

Yes they did tell me, but I forget :rolleyes:

I think it was about 2pm, but I'm not 100% sure- sorry!
    Also, it obviously hasn't been announced yet as it's not been advertised so I'm sure all the details will be made available whenever they do advertise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

MichaelH24 wrote: »

oops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

I've heard its the 20th of september???? I know it was last year, Sent them an email, so just waiting on the answer.

• Advertisement

Its the 8th of oct, just got an email there.

Its the 8th of oct, just got an email there.

who ya get the e-mail off???:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jt123456

Right... Open day and the 8th of october is nearly upon us. Is anyone interested in a carpool to templemore that morning? I was thinking of driving from dublin and some company/banter would be nice on the way down the road. It starts at 10am so probably leave around 7-7.30am :eek: to beat the traffic. Ive room for 4 passengers so dont all rush at once.

Anyone interested in heading, either PM me or let me know here. should be an interesting day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

Hey guys, how many of you are heading to the open day?? cmcskeane aren't you very eco friendly and lowering your carbon foot print by carpooling...unfortunately I'm at the wrong end of the country! Anyone from Limerick who is heading to Templemore and fancies a lift I only have room for one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 redlane

Does anybody know if you need to be there for the start of the open day or if you just turn up whenever it suits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

you can turn up whenever it suits, there'll be groups coming and going all day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Did I read somewhere that it starts at 9 or 10 and finishes at 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Santasfanta

Hello all. Im heading down on train on Wednesday.... does anyone know the best way to get from Templemore Train Station to the College...... I can see myself chasing my tail around the town for hours and then missing the open day!! (and yes I am aware that Templemore's not that big but my sense of direction leaves alot to be desired! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

When you come out of station walk through car park; At the entrance continue on straight; You will pass tipp glass on your right and some houses on the left you will get to a cross roads; With a shop on your right;

Turn left at this cross roads at this stage you should be able to see the gates of the college away in the distance; Continue on straight; Have never walked it but ran it a good few times should take you about 10-15 at a guess

Thanks a million for directions!!

Laura :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Can anybody give an idea of what the open day involves?

Would it be helpful to attend if thinkin of applying?

Im not sure whether to go or not

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Thanks a million for directions!!

Laura :P

You are welcome

Sure come over and say hi on Wed; Ill be the one in the uniform and cap; :D

gerire wrote: »
    You are welcome

Sure come over and say hi on Wed; Ill be the one in the uniform and cap; :D

Thats always a good look while in the college ;)

You should go if your thinking of joining or not. It might make you consider joining. Was recommended by a certain "prep course" that I attended. Mainly so I can see what its like, but also if they ask you in the interview how you prepared, looks good to show that you put the effort in to go down. Thats just my 2 cents I suppose:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 johnc22

hi guys was down at the open day today, was good enough , oh my god so many gardai about the place, was talking to a guard from limerick mad in the head he was:), but he was saying that it only takes 6 to 7 weeks to get into the collage ,,, well everything going ok , ie checks etc.

Loved it - it was great - can see myself there..... wish it was nooooOOOOWWW!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

I was down aswell and thought it was very good and interesting.

I couldnt believe the numbers there though. It was packed

If you take out the secondary school students I would imagine that 4 out of every 5 others were seriously there considering applying.

Its gonna make it very hard to get in of there aren't many spaces on each intake.

Overall though, fair play to AGS. Very well organised and run and everyone was so friendly and informative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Loved it - it was great - can see myself there..... wish it was nooooOOOOWWW!!!! :mad:

Ya!! i was down there 2 it was class.... i love it there... id move down in the morning if i could :D i have to admit the student/probationer were very helpfull... i really enjoyed it & i could see myself there and make my community proud !! :D;)

Advertisement