Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Ordered!

Options
  • 26-06-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Woo!

Just ordered PC from Komplett there...
    After a few weeks lurking and askin Q's this is my final setup!

Thoughts?

Antec Nine Hundred black miditower, side panel window (Without PSU)
    Corsair Powersupply 550W Bulk, black,
    ATX/EPS, 120mm fan, 4xSATA, SLI
    MSI P7N SLI Platinum, nForce-750i SLI,
    Socket-775, ATX, DDR2, 3xPCI-Ex(2.0)16
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED w/fan
    Crucial DDR2 PC5300 4096MB CL5,
    Point of View GeForce 8800GT 512MB,DDR3
    Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA2 32MB 7200RPM
    NEC DVD±RW burner AD-7200A, IDE,
    Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2b
    1.00 350138 Card reader 51-in-1 black, 3½ internal
    1.00 334743 Samsung 22" LCD-TV Syncmaster 225MW,1680x1050, HDMI, TV-tuner, HD-ready

I didn't bother with the SLI setup, if I decide to in the future I can. I know XP will only see about 3.2GB of RAM, but for the sake of €20 :p

Me hopes Conan is gonna look good =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Very nice, AOC will run perfect on that rig.

Why did you go for xp and pc 5300?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Looks good mate !!

Best of luck !!

Is it prebuilt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Very nice, AOC will run perfect on that rig.

Why did you go for xp and pc 5300?
    Well i know xp will only see about 3.2gb, but I use Pro Tools for music production and it just simply won't run with vista 64bit.

it's also sli rigged, so if i feel like it in the future can stick another gfx card in there!

And yes cian, it comes pre-built! :)

Einstein wrote: »
    And yes cian, it comes pre-built! :)
    Cool !!
    How long does it take for them to build it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Cool !!
    How long does it take for them to build it ?

Its usually 2-3 days delivery isnt it, so I doubt it takes them long at all.

Btw Congrats OP :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

very nice, what was the final price if you dont mind me asking ?

not at all. Worked out at €1345. The monitor was the biggest chunk tbh.

Can't use it till 18th July tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Seems a little expensive, i hoep that price included a installed operating system.

*edit*

Ah yes it does :)

I see you've gone for the 8800GT, I ave the XFX version on order at the moment. Supposed to be a very good card for the price. Got it for €140 from specialtech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nice machine though I would have looked at the newer Ati cards like the 4850 which offer a greater value for money in the same price range....I also would have gone for faster ram. :D

I'd say the monitor added a lot considering it's an actual TV as well as a monitor, it would have been a lot cheaper to buy a 22" monitor and a TV card...at 1345 that's quite expensive and I'd imagine the monitor took up a lot of that budget...

• Advertisement

Would the faster RAM really make a noticeable difference?
    LIke I mentioned, there's sooooo much info out there on gfx cards, that it almost makes it too hard to choose. So I went with what seemed to rare it's head most regularly.
    With that rig, I can easily upgrade in time.

Plus I heard the Nvidia are pulling support on the "8" range cards...

I'll tryin finding the link again...

I should also point out I also got a mouse, keyboard and belkin surge protector in that price too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Thats expensive for what you get but the monitor and the other ACCs are pretty good.

On a side note, why did you get it prebuilt?

I'd assemble computers for free if I could i just love assembling new computers and trying them out

Thats expensive for what you get but the monitor and the other ACCs are pretty good.

On a side note, why did you get it prebuilt?

I'd assemble computers for free if I could i just love assembling new computers and trying them out
    em...i used to do that...but just dont have the desire anymore.
    i'd rather buy it, and turn it on lol. DOn't have the time to be troubleshooting stuff ye kno?
    10 years ago tho different story, i'd pull parts from 5 different pc's to make a monster lol :D

I hear u on the price, without the monitor it was pretty much 1k even. Not bad if ye ask me.

Eh 1000 euro :o
    Still seems a bit rich :p
    anyways have fun with the new pc, wouldnt mind if ya told me what FPS you get on very high crysis in DX10 or DX9 just so i can compare to my PC's fps

It should do very very well considering all i have is a dell vostro 200
    E2180 running at 2ghz
    1GB of DDR2 5300
    9600GT 512mb
    Some cheapo castrated Dell mobo :p
    Crappy Dell case and stuff

Runs crysis on VERY high(EVERY setting) DX10 at about 20fps minimum sometimes even touching 30fps which is playable considering the nice eye candy :p

Your pc should do very well IMO

you planning on Overclocking that q6600? Heard its an absolute beast at overclocking

me knows nada about overclocking....

i have a feeling i'd probably fry it lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Eh 1000 euro :o
    It should do very very well considering all i have is a dell vostro 200
    E2180 running at 2ghz
    1GB of DDR2 5300
    9600GT 512mb
    Some cheapo castrated Dell mobo :p
    Crappy Dell case and stuff

Runs crysis on VERY high(EVERY setting) DX10 at about 20fps minimum sometimes even touching 30fps which is playable considering the nice eye candy :p

Miracle Dell is a Miracle.

Runs crysis on VERY high(EVERY setting) DX10 at about 20fps minimum sometimes even touching 30fps which is playable considering the nice eye candy

At what resoluton? With 8800GS Sli overclocked to 680/800 my minimum hits 11-12fps at dx9 max 1680x1050, let alone dx10....and 8800gs sli is faster then a 9600gt...

Don't worry about the faster ram, it would have come in use for overclocking, which isn't necessary incidentally - at stock, a q6600 is more then fast enough for any game, it's the card that'll hold you back.

I run it at 1280x1024 which is my monitors max obviously 0xAA, maybe im just lucky :p
    the 8800gs isn't too great a card tbh compared to the 9600gt. I have nothing else running though, turn off virus scanner etc for ram, still havent gotten my other GB of ram so im still on just 1gb of ram.

"tried" running it at 1920x1080 on my tv, DX10 same settings had about an average of 10fps and LOADS of stutter but it looked so nice.

eh it does the job atleast :p;

Going to overclock the CPU and GPU too aswell as add a gb of ram so should hopefully average 30fps.

And sli hardly makes a difference at low resolutions, well 1680x1050 is small compared to other resolutions where sli really shines like 1920x1200+

Oh yeah by the way patching to 1.1 speeds the game up alot and running in DX10 is faster (atleast for the 9600gt)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You won't be able to overclock the cpu on your dell.

Sheesh,

all this talk of crysis i'm gonna have to buy it to see what the fuss is about. :p

Is it even that good of a game?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Einstein wrote: »
    Sheesh,

all this talk of crysis i'm gonna have to buy it to see what the fuss is about. :p

Is it even that good of a game?!

i found it very enjoyable :D , tweak the settings so your not stuttering around , and immerse yourself in the awesome tree shooty , physicsness

You won't be able to overclock the cpu on your dell.
    Eh, ever hear of conductive paint and insulation tape? The e2180 is easily pin modded, wont even need to get a better cooler either, wont be upping the voltage too much to get stable at 2.66ghz
    Search up BSEL or pin mod e2180 in google ;)

I run it at 1280x1024 which is my monitors max obviously 0xAA, maybe im just lucky :p
    the 8800gs isn't too great a card tbh compared to the 9600gt. I have nothing else running though, turn off virus scanner etc for ram, still havent gotten my other GB of ram so im still on just 1gb of ram.

"tried" running it at 1920x1080 on my tv, DX10 same settings had about an average of 10fps and LOADS of stutter but it looked so nice.

eh it does the job atleast :p;

Going to overclock the CPU and GPU too aswell as add a gb of ram so should hopefully average 30fps.

And sli hardly makes a difference at low resolutions, well 1680x1050 is small compared to other resolutions where sli really shines like 1920x1200+

Oh yeah by the way patching to 1.1 speeds the game up alot and running in DX10 is faster (atleast for the 9600gt)

Not great compared to the 9600gt?? 8800Gs Sli is considerably faster then the 9600GT!

And only 1gb of ram? Come on, you're fooling nobody.....no way on earth Crysis runs at 1280x1024 Dx10 Very High settings with a minimum of 20fps on a 9600GT and 1Gb Ram. ;)

Averaging 30fps is believable alright....but even when I average 40-50fps in Crysis on my setup at 1280x1024, the lowest FR is often 12-14fps....I have 8800GS Sli 680\800, 4gb Ram....unless you ran a benchmark in a really un-intensive part of the game. I usually run my benchmarks in a fairly wide open spaces with a lot of action to give a fair indication of gameplay.....I hate people who take framerates from tests run inside buildings, half the time looking at the sky/wall, etc...not saying you are, just plain saying.

Sli makes a huge difference at 1680x1050 with most games....Jericho, Crysis, amongst others show a 100% increase for me at those resolutions with dual cards....30v60fps at 1920x1200. maybe not worthwhile with an 8800GTX, GTS or GTX, but with mid range and lower end cards like 8800GS, 9600GT, and so on, it definitely makes a mega difference.

Check out here for example:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055312404

Crysis, 1.1, 1280x960, 'high' not 'very high' settings, minimum FR 12. The test was run near the start of the game, where you run down the hill to the coastline where there's a few soldiers, jeep, boats etc, where the dock is. Very intensive.

ok to be exact it never dropped under 19fps to be saying the truth but that could be because i turn off all the crap on my pc like the antivirus and even explorer.exe too, helps a treat

Try it out, ive no need to lie :p

Advertisement