Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan & Credit Rating?

Options
  • 26-06-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

I got a small loan in October of last year. I have made all the repayments via Direct Debit, apart from one where I transferred money into the account from which the loan repayments are taken from, and the funds didnt hit the account before the repayment went through so it was declined. However, I paid it the next day in-branch. Will this go down as a missed payment on my credit rating? I am just wondering because I got a copy of my credit rating from the ICB today, and the loan doesnt even appear on it! The only thing on it is the enquiry the bank made before giving me the loan. Is this normal. It is a student loan for €2,500.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

No. A loan only appears on the ICB if there's 3 missed repayments. If your ICB rating is clear then you should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

No. A loan only appears on the ICB if there's 3 missed repayments. If your ICB rating is clear then you should be ok.
    Are you sure about that? I got my ICB report before and it had my current loan listed on it and I did't miss any repayments.
    Im hoping I didn't read it wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sometimes things just don't appear on the ICB report. I got one recently, and while it listed all loans I'd taken out, it was missing VISA information.

Advertisement