Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do I contact??

Options
  • 26-06-2008 9:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right first there was this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055309478

Then tonight I was out shopping, arrived home at about 20.20 and find my landlords car and another car in the garden and a group of people looking in the windows.

There was no notice, I got out of the car and was going to fly off on one, the landlord just asked if they could have a look around the house. I just said yeah because he won't learn at this point that he has to give me notice etc. He didn't try ring me or anything just arrived at the door.

Now normally I do be golfing on a Thursday and don't get home until close on 10pm and he knows this so he was hoping that my missus was here on her own.

I'm just sick of this now, I'm moving out next week but this has me annoyed to the point of I want something done about it now before I loose the head completely.

List of problems so far:

1. Never tells us when he is calling in to collect rent.
    2: No rent book or receipts for us paying rent.
    3: Not taking NO for an answer when I tell him its not an appropriate time for him to show the house off.
    4: Driving around the house most weekends while we are in bed/ watching TV etc. (Our garden is that big you can drive around the whole house.)
    5: Sewerage constantly being blocked with no permanent repairs being made.
    6: One of the windows in the house won't open and he won't get it fixed, my son sleeps in that room and when its hot out there is no way of cooling the room down as its the only window. (This is a fault from before we moved in over a year ago)

SO the question is who do I report this carry on to and what advice can boardsies give me on this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jonny24ie wrote: »
    2: No rent book or receipts for us paying rent.
    Revenue.ie Screw the muthaf**ker!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

jonny24ie wrote: »
    4: Driving around the house most weekends while we are in bed/ watching TV etc. (Our garden is that big you can drive around the whole house.)
    PRTB or even a sympathethic Garda.
    5: Sewerage constantly being blocked with no permanent repairs being made.
    PRTB / council drainage department. Also, drop it into conversation whenever he has people over. Will knock another €10,000-20,000 off their offer price.
    6: One of the windows in the house won't open and he won't get it fixed, my son sleeps in that room and when its hot out there is no way of cooling the room down as its the only window. (This is a fault from before we moved in over a year ago)
    PRTB / council housing department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

just remember he has your deposit (i assume) - creating bad feeling a week before you leave seems madness to me - I am all for justice but 1 week before leaving will only cause you grief

what if you need a reference from him?
    what about getting your deposit back?

i'm not suggesting he has a right to withold deposit but he could be a pain and do it - do you want to have to go through that problem?

don;t bother pursuing - put up with it (other than invading home without permission of course) and leave on good terms......don't let it happen again if you have to rent - make sure you know your rights, agree receipts for rent...etc...etc - whilst it's not acceptable that it happened to a certain extent it is partially your fault for allowing it for so long...put it down to a lesson learned.

Best of luck in your next place :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I agree with snellers. It's only another week and then you're gone. The guy sounds like an arsehole but wait until you've got your deposit and a written reference before doing anything.

Once you've that sorted you can go to the PTRB. Revenue would be good to contact too as if he doesn't have the place registered/isn't paying tax, he'll be in trouble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement