Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Car Insurance or Through a Broker

Options
  • 26-06-2008 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi,

from everyones experience, is it better to go through a broker or go the direct route?

i'm in the process of getting my own car after been named for a few years on different policies.

do brokers really offer cheaper prices +which are the best at the moment?

any recommendations for the short + long term - by this i mean - having being a named driver for the last 3 years, will that count towards my NO Claims Bonus next year?? i.e will i get more than 1 year at next renewal?

i've heard QD will still only allow a 1 year bonus no matter how many years you have been named. i think this is one reason how they hold on to young drivers.

i'm 25, full license + no claims.

any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I used a broker for my first insurance in Ireland - mainly because I was in a hurry . At renewal I had more tiime to shop around and saved about 80 euro by going with Tesco (They act for Hibernian).
    Just get some quotes online - and see who's cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I went with a broker (insure.ie) for my first solo car insurance, and I've stuck with them so far as they still deliver cheaper quotes. Every year I ring around, and every year (so far!) they've offered the best value.

It depends on your circumstances, but do the legwork and see who offers you the best value.

Advertisement