Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 Santa Fe 2.0 GLS Petrol - CO2 emissions

Options
  • 26-06-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Thinking of purchasing the above but am unable to find out C02 emissions and so not sure whether to buy now or after July 1. Anyone able to supply details?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

avoid the 2.0 petrol, the 2.0 CRDI is much better, and that's not exactly brilliant either. the petrol is whiney and underpowered and thirsty. there are plenty last of the line Irish diesels around, and they will all have leather and climate control

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

Thanks for the heads up Colm.

What about the 2.2 crdi?

2.2 CRDI is the new model, and not the old one, I presume you were referring to the old model in your original post. the new model is light years ahead of the old one, and the 2.2 engine is a peach. it's also considerable more expensive though.

Yes sorry, original post was the old model. I have however seen the new 2.2 model for a decent price albeit with high mileage (70k). Should this sort of mileage be an issue for the crdi engine? I have heard people say that this should be ok for a diesel engine, especially the Santa Fe. I would probably only hold this for 2 years before trading in, so it would have less than 100k miles when trading in.

it should be fine, check whether it's 4WD or 2WD, as there will be differences in the VRT rate charged due to higher emissions on the 4WD, also don't go on the CO2 figures provided by Hyundai Ireland for the 2008 models, UK models have slightly higher emissions and fall into a higher VRT rate.

As for mileage, shouldn't be an issue, but get a mechanic to do a diagnostic, checking clutch and transmission. the car should be under warranty as (AFAIK?) they have an unlimited mileage warranty.

• Advertisement

Had a test drive in it today and it's a lovely motor. It's a 2wd. I did notice a slight vibration from the clutch pedal (when starting to engage the clutch). Dealer said this was the wheel bushings which needed to be replaced, so I'm hoping that he is correct.
    You are also right about the unlimited mileage warranty so I would guess you can't go far wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Visit Honestjohn.co.uk and put in the details.....there you'll get everything re; co2 per km - plus reviews.
    Also, if you buy one in the uk - you'll have a 5 year warranty which is valid here under eu rules. I know what i'd be doing.

Advertisement