Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Torres getting subbed off!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Torres missed a complete sitter when he was on, pulled out of heading it into the net for some reason, instead deciding to hit it with his knee!

imo the way he was playing he would have also messed up the chance that Guiza scored.
    I can't see Torres starting on sunday the way he has been playing tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

raido9 wrote: »
    Dont compare Liverpool to the big three in England, its insulting.

:eek:

Jesus Quick, Everyone back to the Safety of the Liverpool Forum!!! :D:D:D

raido9 wrote: »

Dont compare Liverpool to the big three in England, its insulting.

+1

United / Chelsea / Arsenal all have far better quality from 1 - 11 , and also strength in depth.

There is only 2 players from Liverpools team I would want playing with United , Gerrard and Torres.

I could easily pick 6-7 from Chelsea/Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

really pvtjoker
    it would be beyond alarming if luis didnt play him
    do you think gyuza will be the lone striker very unlikely
    torres is luis' baby he feels responsible for developing him at athleti
    also he rarely changes his mind about his preferred team

really pvtjoker
    it would be beyond alarming if luis didnt play him
    do you think gyuza will be the lone striker very unlikely
    torres is luis' baby he feels responsible for developing him at athleti
    also he rarely changes his mind about his preferred team

I take your point.
    With Villa probably injured, Torres will get his game, but if Villa was fit I believe Torres would have been dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

ah lads, yiz are getting carried away now, why does it have to turn into a liverpool bashing thread

and id still like an answer as to how torres is limited?

pvt.joker wrote: »
    I take your point.
    With Villa probably injured, Torres will get his game, but if Villa was fit I believe Torres would have been dropped.

No chance, he;s consistently picked the same 11 in all games of consequence and thats got him to the final. I dont expect him to change. If Villa were fit Id doubt Fabregas would start. Plus Torres hasnt been bad, he's just been nowhere near his best.

I expect the team on Sunday to be:

Casillas

Ramos-Puyol-Marchena-Capdevilla

Iniesta--Fabregas---Senna--Xavi--Silva

Torres

He may straight swap Guiza for Villa but that gives him no striker for substitution impact so I expect Fabregas TBH.

EDIT: Apologies, didnt see your post after that where you said Torres would play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

See you all around the same time monday for the "disappointing player of the tournament" thread which will enevitably turn into the same Man U Vs Pool Willy waving thread.

event wrote: »

and id still like an answer as to how torres is limited?

AS been stated he is a confidence player, needs to wrapped up in cotton wool and told he is the best.

From what I have seen when he is subbed with Spain, he looks like a petulant child. Hardly a team player is it?

When things are not going his way, which is happening with Spain and more often than not his away performances in the prem league, he does not look the same player.

This is why he is limited. k?

No chance, he;s consistently picked the same 11 in all games of consequence and thats got him to the final. Dont expect him to change. if Villa were fit Id doubt Fabregas would start. Plus Torres hasnt been bad, he's just been nowhere near his best.

ah neil will you give him a break, he admitted he was wrong before you made that post no need to force it down his neck,
    he's new enough as well.

• Advertisement

ah neil will you give him a break, he admitted he was wrong before you made that post no need to force it down his neck,
    he's new enough as well.

I wasnt criticising, i was saying what i think the team will be. I cannot see him dropping Torres, especially with Villa out.

EDIT: Apologies, didnt see his post after that where he said Torres would play.

really? you fooled me with your tone.

even the fact you made such a big post instead of saying plus 1 to my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

For the benifit of some of the recent posters:
    adidas-soccer-ball.jpg

This is a football. It's used in a sport called "Association Football" and some of us on here are trying to talk about it...

This is really a bit of a non-discussion. Torres runs a lot and is an important player. He's still fairly young so there are good physical reasons for him not finishing 90 mins. Additionally most managers like to bring on fresh attackers in the last 30 mins of a match to play against tired defenders. Spain have a few good strikers so thay use that option a lot. Where is the issue?

As for LFC only having 2 good players and not being a big club, that's troll food, good luck with that.

He's still fairly young so there are good physical reasons for him not finishing 90 mins.

He is 24! What physical excuses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Ffs this thread has bit the dust fairly quick.:rolleyes: Torres has had a decent tournament, not amazing not terrible, he is doing a good job for his team. Personally I didnt see the harm in subbing him last night especially as Villa was off injured Aragones could have been thinking the last thing I need now is Torres picking up a knock, plus Spain were well on top at this stage and plus the guy that replaced Torres, Güiza was top scorer in La Liga so hardly a terrible player. To say Torres should be dropped for the final is absurd imo but to say he has performed well enough to say he shouldnt be subbed in matches is equally absurd.

As for LFC only having 2 good players and not being a big club, that's troll food, good luck with that.

FFS what the hell is wrong with you.

Liverpool have many decent players. I listed off a few excelllent players they have in a previous post. I said they have 2 SUPERSTARS. Will ya ever read ther feckin threads and take the points for what they are instead of constructing them into something that theyre not.

And the rest saying they arent a big club, we all kow they are a big club, what theyre not is up at the same level CONSISTENTLY as the top 2 at this present stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

exaclt so in essence, this thread is pointless, he gets subbed for good reasons, there is no need to bash liverpool, torres, united or ronaldo here.

fresh legs, rest. change of attacking style. it doesnt really matter, there are gonna be justifiable reasons to sub him. it doesnt mean hes a bad player

can we all share a moment and think about the fans who are missing from this tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This thread has runs its course. People who dragged this thread massively off topic keep in mind that this will not be tolerated

If you want to start a thread on how good a certain team is, or how good a certain player is, please start a thread on that. Don't drag that crap into every thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement