Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice resto in KK city ?

Options
  • 26-06-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Am heading to KK for the weekend and need a nice resto for Sat night for me and my wife. What we like is French / Italian / Mediterranean. Nice atmosphere (not just a café on the one hand and not too boring and stuffy either). Nice wine, good food, good atmosphere. Help me out KK people. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Hey Connacht.

There are loads of eating options here in Kilkenny.

Some Med influenced foods include Lautrecs, Zuni, Rinnuccini's & Pordylo's

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

Cheers for that Your Highness.
    Can't get in to Zuni, Rinucinnis or Lautrecs. Booked Cafe Sol - hope it's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I've heard good things about Italian Connection too, but I don't know whether it's a proper restaurant or just a pizzeria - maybe someone who's been there can advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its a proper restaurant. Lovely food too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

You need "a nice resto"? What strange language is this, pray tell? Connachtese?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

fricatus wrote: »
    I've heard good things about Italian Connection too, but I don't know whether it's a proper restaurant or just a pizzeria - maybe someone who's been there can advise.

the italian connection is a v nice place alright but unfort its under going rennovations at the moment so it wont be open until monday so thats no good to you. theres another italian place accross the road from the italian connection though i cant remember the name of it has a red outline to the place... if someone else can think of the name thats where id recommend you go. they take a small bit longer than some other places to serve the food but it tastes lovely!

Purry Cat wrote: »
    You need "a nice resto"? What strange language is this, pray tell? Connachtese?

haha :P you must be a teacher are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

the italian connection is a v nice place alright but unfort its under going rennovations at the moment so it wont be open until monday so thats no good to you. theres another italian place accross the road from the italian connection though i cant remember the name of it has a red outline to the place... if someone else can think of the name thats where id recommend you go. they take a small bit longer than some other places to serve the food but it tastes lovely!

Lombardi's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 titration

mick_irl wrote: »
    Lombardi's ?

Yeah its Lombardi's food is nice but I don't like the atmosphere in the place kind of sterile with the high ceilings and the tile floor is a death trap in high heels. Cafe Sol is lovely. Chez Pierre is also lovely. Plenty of specials ecery day and lots of fish if you like that.

titration wrote: »
    Yeah its Lombardi's food is nice but I don't like the atmosphere in the place kind of sterile with the high ceilings and the tile floor is a death trap in high heels. Cafe Sol is lovely. Chez Pierre is also lovely. Plenty of specials ecery day and lots of fish if you like that.

yep thats the one i meant! they do take a bit longer to serve than other places but food is lovely :P, as for atmosphere i only go there the odd time for lunch during the day with work colleagues so cant really comment all i look for is to be well feed! rafer dempseys do the best pub food imo though prob not what the op was looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Been to Lombardi's for dinner twice now. Service is a bit shaky alright. Having said that, the food is superb, so will def be making a return trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

titration wrote: »
    Cafe Sol is lovely. Chez Pierre is also lovely. Plenty of specials ecery day and lots of fish if you like that.

Both amazing restaurants.

God my mouth is watering just thinking about them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 stillhere08

+1 for cafe sol, enquire if they have an early bird offer as they are usually good value

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Cafe sol is great and fantastic value with the early bird...
    Chez pierre is great too but I haven't been out there at night too often - I love to go there on a saturday for lunch mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Came across this. Quite handy for a quick look at the different eateries around the city (can look up county as well)

http://www.findarestaurant.ie/search.asp?CountyID=16&TownID=578&CuisineID=0&btn2=Search&FacID=0&SubFacID=0

Contains menus and prices although the reviews seem to be from the premises themselves but at least yuo have an idea of the place.

Never knew about some of them (Foodworks, Lemonsoul) (don't live there anymore) and am always trying to think where can i get lunch when I'm around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭StudentEmeritus

Italian Connection has recently been done up, has anyone been in?

(bet it will get a lot of business from outside of Dublin once that My Super Sweet Sixteen that the proprietor's daughter had recently airs on MTV!)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Foodworks is fantastic for breakfast/lunch/brunch etc.... it's recently open for evening trade too but haven't been there at evening times yet... lovely place, great food, great staff.
    It's on gas house lane which runs from the roundabout at macDonagh/Castlecomer road/hebron road junction down to john's green/wolfe tone street

Advertisement