Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adamle

• 27-06-2008 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Sorry to bring this up again. I know a few people were critical of Mike Adamle's constant slip-ups in his commentary but watching the Raw draft re-run tonight when he called Umaga the 'Samoan Bulldog' was surely deliberate? Is he being fed these lines?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I watched the first two weeks of ECW when he was on and he was making mistakes back then because he hadn't a clue. Then Regal made him commentate for a match on Raw shortly after that and it was clear that he was being given lines to say and it wasn't nearly as funny as it had been before

I haven't heard him on ECW since, only some PPV matches, but I haven't heard him saying lines that sounded forced. I don't think I was paying much attention to him on Raw but I was under the impression that he wasn't making as many mistakes anymore

I'm pretty sure its become an intentional WWE gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

the more i listen to him the more i'm sure he's been put there to solely piss people off & has to be fed these lines to make him look so bad. although on the raw draft i think the backroom staff ****ed up having jr [i think] ask what's a dq with adamle chipping in with disqualification. i'd prefer to have jbl back with bigging himself up & burying people he doesn't like than adamle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Yeah it looks like after he made a few f*ckups, that it became his gimmick alright.
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yeah there was an angle where Adamle replaced JR for a match on Raw over a month ago and he ****ed up on purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

It's a pretty cool gimmick so! The commentary version of mickey whipwreck! What a lovable loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I only recently realised he was presenter of American Gladiators in the 90s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i dunno its hard to tell what is real anymore :)

JR has messed up on a number of occasions over the past year or so, the time he mixed up beth and jillian hall and continued doing it throughout the entire match was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The man is a comic genius.

Have Mercy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The best is when Morrison is wrestling a solo match in the ring and The Miz absolutely destroys Adamle on commentary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

I am fed up of the Adamle haters. John Morrison quote "Stick to the program Adamle" and others like it. I for one think he is now doing a great job commentating on ECW. Everybody has a rough start. Look at Michael Cole, he has to be the worst play by play announcer in the history of Pro Wrestling...and he is now the "Voice" of Raw. Even Mike Tenay is better than him. Mind you I like the combination of Tenay and Don West on TNA. Mike Adamle has my thumbs up...along with Tazz. Great combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I thought after the first few "mistakes" it may be a gimmick alright. Still tho

"JAMAICAN ME CRAZY!!"

Genius!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

DenMan wrote: »
    Look at Michael Cole, he has to be the worst play by play announcer in the history of Pro Wrestling...and he is now the "Voice" of Raw. Even Mike Tenay is better than him. Mind you I like the combination of Tenay and Don West on TNA. Mike Adamle has my thumbs up...along with Tazz. Great combo.

Cole has come a long way in my opinion in the last few years, he doesn't suck anywhere near as bad as he did from 99-02. And it doesn't really matter how much dumb sh*t you say around Tazz, Tazz will always turn it around. So Adamle is in good hands with Tazz.

As for TNA, much as i enjoy TNA's commentary, I really wish they'd get rid of Westy, he's annoying as hell. I know he's meant to dramatise everything but he really goes overboard at the best of times.

VR!

Advertisement