Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360 help

• 27-06-2008 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

anyone any good with the xbox 360s? Cant get online with it.

Basically i need to update the console to get into xbox live, however the update is from xbox live...see the problem? :p

when u accept the update it starts then stops and says it could not update bla bla bla please contact ms support if the problem continues. If you decline the update it kicks u back to the xbox dashboard. I contacted MS who sent me a link to download the update through a pc onto disc, then use that in the xbox as apparently it is a common problem, however the xbox cannot read the disc. Now i have used many different types of disc DVD, CD-R but the problem i think is with the file...ie it doesnt seem very big like 7mb so is there actually a file or is it an empty folder lol If you can help...please read what i have wrote as lots of people telling me to do things that i already have done and do not work!! :rolleyes:

By the way it is a brand new xbox, had it 3 weeks so it aint a laser problem reading the discs.

Much appreciate sum help...going nuts and the hammers getting closer and closer each day!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭phoenix-MT

by the way the link for the update they gave me is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933498/en-us

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from Comp & Tech.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Sounds like you might have a NAT problem. Have you opened ports 88 and 3074 in your router?

hmmmmmm erm no lol dont really know how to do that

its a new router aswell just got broadband in, is a wireless one but xbox and pc conected to it through ethernet cables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I had this exact same problem when I had eircom broadband.

If you're on eircom, this is how I fixed it

Follow these steps

1. Go to the system blade

2. Then Network Settings

3. Then Edit Settings

4. Then Additional Settings tab

5. Then type eircom for username and broadband1 for password

Hopefully you would be able to connect to Live after doing this. The reason why I'm posting this is because eircom broadband customer support are useless and don't even bother telling to try this this info I'm telling you.

Good Luck.

• Advertisement

legend...ill go try now lol yeah its eircom so sounds promising! :) ill be back thanks

phoenix-MT wrote: »
    legend...ill go try now lol yeah its eircom so sounds promising! :) ill be back thanks

No problem :)

creggy ur a Diamond mate!!!!! straight away...boom...updating....happy days!! haha thanks guys/girls, many thanks to microsoft and eircom for their great help and customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks :):):)

phoenix-MT wrote: »
    creggy ur a Diamond mate!!!!! straight away...boom...updating....happy days!! haha thanks guys/girls, many thanks to microsoft and eircom for their great help and customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks :):):)

Ah nice one :), add me to your friends list, gamertag is duffyftw

Happy gaming :)

will do, mines marinerobbo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement