Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got my tongue pierced. Ouch.

Options
  • 27-06-2008 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum.

Right, so i go to mexico....and i woke up with a tongue piercing.

Im debating whether to leave it in or take it out.

1. Is my tongue meant to be the size of a small whale??
    2. What the hell am i suppose to live on for the next few days when i can't eat ANYTHING.
    3. Is it pleasurable for girls???
    4. Do guys even get there tongue pierced or is it considered gay for a guy to do it.

Any and all responses will help me out. Much appreciated.

ouch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

definitely not in the right forum, id have said... should be moved to body modifications...

god, i hope you went to a place with sterile needles and ****...

yeah, normal enough for swelling of the tongue... not sure about what to eat... check the bodmod forum, been a few threads on the general topic... avoid dairy, i can remember that much.

depends on the girl, and yep, guys get their tongues pierced without being gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

1. Is my tongue meant to be the size of a small whale??
    Yes

2. What the hell am i suppose to live on for the next few days when i can't eat ANYTHING.
    Soup

3. Is it pleasurable for girls???
    Yes

4. Do guys even get there tongue pierced or is it considered gay for a guy to do it.
    yes they get it done no it's not gay

once the swelling go's down you will need to get a smaller bar for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

edit: Seems I'm in agreement with this guy ^^

Moved to body modifications.

I don't know anything about piercings, but I'll try a laymans guess at some answers to your questions. Take them for whatever they're worth.

1) I'm guessing the swelling will go down.
    2) Use a blender I suppose.
    3) From anectodal evidence I've heard, yes.
    4) Yes guys get their tongue pierced and no, it's not an especially 'gay' thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

1. It may take up to a week for the swelling to ease

2. You can have any liquid foods and when you feel the pain easing try some soft solids

3. The ex OH had it done and in my opinion..didnt make the slightest difference altho ive heard young girls find it a turn on if a bloke has it cause ithey seems to think you will be like superman when it comes to the matter of orals....

4. Nowadays guys can have both ears pierced,there nose pierced along with everywere else done and none of which are considered to be "gay like"

Hope this has helped you somewhat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Personally I'd remove it simply because it seems to have been done without your consent. Hygiene issues, moral issues... nuts really.
    I've been drunk in my time but never to the point of waking up with a new piercing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

Wilburt wrote: »
    Personally I'd remove it simply because it seems to have been done without your consent. Hygiene issues, moral issues... nuts really.
    I've been drunk in my time but never to the point of waking up with a new piercing

I was wondering about that myself,its not something you could even if you wanted sleep threw.. I smell some porkie pies :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 giddynurse

i just took my tongue ring out after having it done for a year..
    it drove me crazy..
    i kept crunching it and my teeth got damaged..
    also - swelling is normal, but keeping your tongue sanitized is an essential..
    my tongue ring ripped a bit when it was first pierced..it ripped about half a millimetre..
    very sore..
    it was cool for the first while..
    but it gets very annoying..
    i was eating everything.. real slow when it was healing.. pain for pleasure!
    ha
    you must be careful with it, and change the bar to a smaller one after one week..
    also.. if it gets infected, or hurts for much longer after a week, then take it out , because people have been known to die from infections that end up in the brain!
    no word of a lie.
    be careful man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

KhuntChops wrote: »
    I was wondering about that myself,its not something you could even if you wanted sleep threw.. I smell some porkie pies :p
    Ha ha bet he was awake getting it done but his memory is blanked thanks to booze!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I disagree with the blatant liberalism displayed in previous posts here.

Going out and getting smashed on holiday and waking up with a tongue piercing is WAY gay......

Further, you have compounded the problem by running to the internet to ask strangers opinions on whether or not your actions are gay. This is also pretty gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Spuca

ok. so im gay, and i may die from a brain infection.

Think i grasped the important points there.

Cheers for the advice everyone.

Im hungry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement