Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #39 - System of a Down - Toxicity

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Can't deny this album is full of aggressive yet catchy tunes. It's just a shame this wasn't released later in their career as anything they will ever do will pale in comparison to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

bizzare album. bizzare band. probably why they're so good. it's a pity watching that because they had decent ideas and songs in their later work, but daron malakian's lack of talent with regard to vocals ruined songs, and the writing was just more weak.

surprising because serj tankians solo album is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Now this one takes me back. Yeah, their new stuff is ****, but this is still great to listen to every now and again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I really liked there first album, and this one two.

But I can't listen to them now...my opinion of them has completely changed.
    I cringe when I think of them or listening to their music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Used to absolutely love System. I still think their first three albums are good.Was disappointed with Mesmerize and Hypnotize but there's still some good moments on them. Haven't listened to them in ages though. They're the band that started me on the road to metal though, and for that I'm grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Definitely one of my favourite albums,drummer is unreal,are they on hiatus for good?or are they gonna make a new album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I really liked there first album, and this one two.

But I can't listen to them now...my opinion of them has completely changed.
    I cringe when I think of them or listening to their music.

The first album and this are great, dont let the new stuff put you off. I'm just thankful I got to see them in 2005 before the "rot" set in with mezmerize and hypnotize. Toxicity is a great 40 minutes of catchy proper rock music. Cant really listen to Prison Song, Pshcho, Chop Suey or Deerdance without pulling out a bit of air drums!
    Reminds me of driving in to town in my mates cars in college on manys a beer run back in the day, this would normally be the cd shaking the doors off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I love SOAD, i think this might be my favourite of their albums... Great catchy tunes, proper rock music...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I haven't listen to them in a while but this is probably their best album.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Brilliant work, first album I ever bought :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Love System =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm sorry but was I asleep for this vote? The only decent System album is their first one. Who was the genius who let that whiny idiot Daron Malakian sing on this when Serj was doing a sound job himself.

And we all know it was just for that song Chop Suey........

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Woah, why all the Mezmerize/Hypnotize hate? I think they're great albums with only the odd dud...however their best album by far remains their self-titled debut.
    I must say contrary to the other posters I think Toxicity is in contention with STA as their worst album - sure it has some System classics (Deer Dance, Chop Suey, Science, Toxicity) but I also thing it has some of the most unlistenable drivel (Jet Pilot and X are utter stinkers).
    However I am still a huge SOAD fan and consider Toxicity a great album - just not the one I would have picked from their collection as AOTW.

Advertisement