Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lock for my wheel

Options
  • 27-06-2008 8:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

There has been 2 car break ins in the last week in my street, so I am planning on getting a lock or chain for my wheel. Whats the best one to get, as I have been told that some of them arent that good.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is this for a car or a bike?
    My gut tells me, bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

OP: you're looking for advice on something for your steering wheel, correct?

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

A chain for a steering wheel? What good would that do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Just sounds like a challange!:D
    But most people look at them as some sort of deterent.

Go to halfords or a local motorfactors.
    Peoples cars are being broken into because they are leaving stuff on show in the car. General rule leave the car empty all the time!
    Get a good alarm too maybe.
    If they want to break in none of this will stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most cars manufactured in the last 10 or 12 years have a factory fitted immobiliser which means the car cannot be started without the key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are plenty of different steering wheels locks but they won't stop a determined thief. Probably a tyre lock is best http://tirelock.com/

Advertisement