Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How could any parent do this?

Options
  • 27-06-2008 8:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

This article just made me cry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Please God he's young enough to forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

wow, that is just nasty, on top of that i was watching a CSI last night with a similar but 100 times worst kind of plot where this woman locks her kids up and lets them starve. Both my wife and i were pretty shook up about it. terrifying and really upsetting stuff. It's weird how this kind of thing affects you 100 times more when you're a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

That's shocking, I hope she gets a long prison sentence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

don't want to open a can of worms but people like that make me sick to my stomach

....I personally don't believe they should have the ability to have children anymore....

sterilise them both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

sueme wrote: »
    Please God he's young enough to forget.
    I'm hoping his adoptive parents are giving him the life he deserves, God help him.
    snellers wrote: »
    don't want to open a can of worms but people like that make me sick to my stomach

....I personally don't believe they should have the ability to have children anymore....

sterilise them both
    I think most people feel the same way. I felt really bad posting this in a forum where there's a "Trying to Conceive" sub-forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

RIRI wrote: »
    That's shocking, I hope she gets a long prison sentence

6 friggin' months :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

That is just horrendous. What sort of sick person does that.
    Its a cruel world we live in when people get away with things like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Thats unbelievable, i just want to find that little boy and give him a huge hug. A 22 year old abandoning a baby to party is disgusting but a 40 year old father???? I'm so shocked and horrified that this goes on now. Surely a family member/friend/neighbour/babysitter/emergency foster care would have looked after the baby if they needed to get away that badly??? It is amazing how much worse you can be affected by these things when you're a parent. Its really scary that these people could ever be in contact with children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LolaDub wrote: »
    A 22 year old abandoning a baby to party is disgusting but a 40 year old father???n

It didn't actually say he was the father, in fairness.

Sterilization whatever: The main thing is that at least the poor child is in good care now, thank god. If this hadn't have happened, the neglect could have continued undetected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

littlebug wrote: »
    6 friggin' months :mad:

That's way too soft !!!. She should be sterilized, end of story, no more babies for that lady.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

OMG she is a dirt bird... I hope she gets what is coming to her where ever she is detained...

I would imagine there are plenty of woman in prison who want to give her a good smacking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Even if the child is too young to remember some day he will probably put his birth parents name into a search engine and find that article. Imagine finding out your own parents did that to you. Awful, it just defies belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

snellers wrote: »

sterilise them both

Completely agree with ya there, they should be locked up for life

Advertisement