Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick printer question

• 27-06-2008 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I have a graphic intensive CAD program that was designed to print to a specific lexmark printer model. That printer has died and I want to replace it with a HP 5550dn. However, when printing, the HP pauses between each page withthe message "calibrating".

From what I can tell, the program prints out using command prompt.

so, whats the best solution to this ? The software can be changed but this will take too long. Is there a way to set up a lexmark virtual printer and then pull the file from that and pass it to the HP printer as a temporary work around ? (I am going to try using a PDF creator and set up a script to pick up the created PDF and pass that to the HP but I'm not sure that this will work correctly).

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

does the program print to any other printer model that the HP might emulate better ?

there are apps that will translate / spool plot files, but most seem to be for HP printers rather than lexmark

pdf sounds good if the app can print to it

if it's CAD then probably not printing to postscript either

command prompt ?
    are you using mapped network ports
    have a look using NET USE

Advertisement