Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing games

Options
  • 27-06-2008 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

folks,

Im having a relaxing night tonight sitting in just me my partner and 4 year old son.

I dont want to spend all night watching tv or a dvd. I want to do something more fun.

Can anyone give me any ideas for fun games for the 3 of us to play.

Any ideas would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭nd2no

get a wii. fun for all the family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

How about ertain card games, or something like "memory"? Or simple board games. Or of course since it stays bright for a long time, maybe go for a walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

+1 for board games, Not too easy but if your both in a relaxed mood Ive found it works well. Just don't be too strict on the rules :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

play hide and seek ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

play hide and seek ;)

Thats what I was going to suggest loopy....

Hide in the bath with the curtain rail pulled over, they never look there!!

Also we have colouring competitions, colouring books and markers, all of us on the ground colouring in... Its fun and takes up time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Four is a bit too young for most board games IMHO
    Quality wrote: »
    Also we have colouring competitions, colouring books and markers, all of us on the ground colouring in... Its fun and takes up time..
    Yeah, colouring is great, along with cutting, pasting, stickers, glitter etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Ludo, snakes and ladders, pick up sticks, snap, go fish, draughts (be generous with where you move), jigsaws, I spy (starting with... sound out letter la la for lamp), hide and seek, colouring, drawing portraits of each other, basic pictionary (on a whiteboard is ace) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lolalane

i spy something the colour off.... Its great because they know there colours or I spy something sounds like.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Board game called Tumblin' monkeys (basically a rip off at the straw pulling out games, where you get the marbles) my 3 year old loves.

Doesnt quite grasp the concept of rules tho ;)

On a nice day, we would get the big huge coloured chalk and just go outside and chalk up the garden..he loves that!

Or just simple colouring/painting. Mr. Moo lovvvves this, sp when I help..so cute to see them develop into drawing sqiggles into drawing mammy or daddy (big giant head with legs and arms sticking out of it and ears... :/ )

Or cooking is another nice thing to do..get him to help cook dinner, get pizza bases and make homemade pizza, or buns or something? Dinner is always wolfed down quicker when they have helped make it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Boardgames are great, we played lots with our kids. Someone posted that 4 is too young but I disagree, there are lots suitable for that age group that parents can enjoy too. Frustration is a great one - even snakes and ladders can be fun. Games like these teach children all about winning and losing in a home environment and help them cope with competition outside and at school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement