Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bulgin lead with 18 core from Thomann

Options
  • 27-06-2008 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Was looking for a bulgin lead to replace a damaged one, I looked though thomann but wasnt sure of which one to get, theyre called lastkabel on there, so called them.
    I asked them to recommend a cable to replace my existing Bulgin cable and the guy gave me a product number 105097, so I had a brief look at it while it was on the phone, the pic looked right with the 8 core, so got 12m of it (48yoyos). Got the cable today and it has 18 core going through it (an earth and 17 live) rather then my existing one which has 8.

Even though the product description has (18 x 1.5 mm) (my bad didnt interpret that right) the product photo has 8 as I required so didnt think about it.

Going through the thomann site apparently product number 122465 is what I should have gone for. Ive already raised it with thomann but
    1. how far should I go with it with thomann (Ive spent a lot of money with them over the years)
    2. can I use the cable as it is with some careful snipping and electrical tape and
    3. what would an 18 core cable be used for anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

You were recommended the wrong one. Get them to send you the proper one

Advertisement