Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Commuting Survey

Options
  • 27-06-2008 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

This is for my brothers masters thesis, so if you wouldn't mind taking the 5 minutes to answer this survey I'd be much obliged :)

I will be posting this in Motors, Commuting/Transport and Cycling forums, but it is mainly aimed at car users because of the congestion charge slant.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=PGVqIyzyQtMzcNroHl_2bz2Q_3d_3d

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Completed it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Finished!

Good survey though the Car vs Public Transport doesn't really reflect how much faster it is by car generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

As did I.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

fletch wrote: »
    Completed it

Done. No option to live in Dublin and commute outside it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

done. asked questions we all should ask ourselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

What questions?

Survey completed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Done
    Only issue I have with it is that it assumes public transport is free, ie. no toll/fare. Try getting on anything other then a Luas without a fare and see how far you get and how much it cost if caught on the Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Done!

Hey, I was chatting to the guy in charge of the survey and while he said the response has been great so far, he really needs to hear more from people who work in town and drive in to be able to use the data properly.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

if you live say 400 metres inside the zone and you travel out of the zone every day (no charge) but then you return home are you charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

People - we really need to make a stand against this congestion charge.

I am not totally against it - however - until there is a viable alternative this is nothing more than a revenue generating tax.

It will reduce the outskirts of the city to car parks - the Phoenix park for one will be littered with cars ( its bad enough already ) as there is no alternative for people outside the centre to use decent transport.

Advertisement