Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City Commuting Survey

• 27-06-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

This is for my brothers masters thesis, so if you wouldn't mind taking the 5 minutes to answer this survey I'd be much obliged

I will be posting this in Motors, Commuting/Transport and Cycling forums, but it is mainly aimed at car users because of the congestion charge slant.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=PGVqIyzyQtMzcNroHl_2bz2Q_3d_3d

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Link doesn't seem to work, just brings you to the SM homepage.

I can't remember exactly but there might be some option to 'publish' the survey which puts it fully online, so to speak. See the help section on their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

amended, it was due to me cut and pasting from the post on motors, rather than the original input text (vbulletin abbreviates the displayed link)

Thanks The Black Oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

Just an observation and maybe im not a normal commuter but could there be an option for someone who drives part of the journey and then gets public transport?
    I live in one of the commuter counties and getting the bus the whole way is an option but does not fit in with my working day hours (im either in far too early or have to leave too late) anyway i drive as far as the nearest dublin bus stop and get the bus in from there. im sure there are plenty like me.

i always feel when filling in a survey like this that im not making an effort to keep my car off the road where in fact im using public transport as much as is feasible.

hope this makes sense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

uberwolf wrote: »

I will be posting this in Motors, Commuting/Transport and Cycling forums, but it is mainly aimed at car users because of the congestion charge slant.

Another suggestion. It's not a Commuting survey. It's more a car survey. I'm a bus user. All of the questions up until the congestion charge area were relevant to me. I cancelled the survey when I got to the congestion charging area because obviously a current public transport user is going to choose public transport as the answer to all the questions. Why not have an option C for all those questions (I already use public transport and would continue doing so).

Hey, I was chatting to the guy in charge of the survey and while he said the response has been great so far, he really needs to hear more from people who work in town and drive in to be able to use the data properly.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement