Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spy pictures: 2010 BMW X5 with twin turbo V8

Options
  • 27-06-2008 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

image_516.jpg

first pictures of the 2010 BMW X5 with twin turbo V8 undisguised on the Nürburgring.

Rumor is that the engine is 4.4-Liter 408 HP Twin-Turbo V8 from X6 that should offer serious competition to Porsche Cayenne Turbo.

Click here for the pictures

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Doesn't really look too different to the current one

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

exhaust pipes look different. also bumpers and front lights.

I guess the main difference is the power.

I would have hoped for more changes.

It looks too similar to the one they started with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

With oil at $142 a barrel, GM ramping down production of this kind of vehicle as a result, one would wonder how big the market is for 4.4 twin turbo SUV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

JHMEG wrote: »
    With oil at $142 a barrel, GM ramping down production of this kind of vehicle as a result, one would wonder how big the market is for 4.4 twin turbo SUV.

I heard some girl(in Ireland) got a €110,000 land rover for her 16th birthday this week :eek:, so there will always be some market anyway.

How much will that have depreciated in the first year, after which she'll be able to drive the damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cionád wrote: »
    I heard some girl(in Ireland) got a €110,000 land rover for her 16th birthday this week :eek:, so there will always be some market anyway.

How much will that have depreciated in the first year, after which she'll be able to drive the damn thing.

I'm sure it will look good in the drive, or while she is sitting in it with the engine off making vroom vroom noises. What 16yr old girl if asked what 100k motor she would like would pick a land/range rover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

TheBazman wrote: »
    I'm sure it will look good in the drive, or while she is sitting in it with the engine off making vroom vroom noises. What 16yr old girl if asked what 100k motor she would like would pick a land/range rover?

Maybe Daddy owns a Land / Range Rover dealership? ;)

And it was his choice that she got this motor at considerably less (to him) than the forecourt price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

keefg wrote: »
    Maybe Daddy owns a Land / Range Rover dealership? ;)

And it was his choice that she got this motor at considerably less (to him) than the forecourt price.
    I saw that in the paper alright, but Daddy owns 2 Italian resturants in Kilkenny. (They must be busy resturants).
    The whole party was telivised for MTV's sweet 16 or something, show.
    Maybe Land/Range rover used this "party" as an advertising scheme?? Who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Cionád wrote: »
    I know there'll always be some market, but jeez that market must be getting seriously small. How small does it have to get before it's not worthwhile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

JHMEG wrote: »
    I know there'll always be some market, but jeez that market must be getting seriously small...

I haven't seen any signs of the market for Stupid Unnecessary Vehicles slowing down. Porsche make more from their tarted up Toerags than the rest of their range put together.

Advertisement