Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all ireland

Options
  • 27-06-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

anyone racing in it this weekend just saw only 44 people have signed on :confused: is the racing side really gone that bad personally i cant race only my first year at it but id love 2 get the oppertunity 2 race aganist the pros of the country someday :eek: even do id be left 4 death at the start its stll nice 2 say i raced againt him.so does anyone no why the no are so low?is it because of the pros that no one else is bothered or wat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

For which all irelands, the TT all Irelands are on this evening in newcastlewest in limerick, the roadies are down in cork, I presume you can sign on the day/evening as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 skim

sorry its 4 the one in cork people were suppose 2 pre register 4 it but due 2 the lack of racers you can now sign on that day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

44 is low at this stage for the RR's. We hosted it last year and had about 75-80 at this stage with very few entries on the day.

To be honest racing against the pro's is no biggie, Roche, Deignan and Martin aside there is ample opportunity to race against the An Post, Pezula and Giant Asia lads most weekends. I just don't think that most of the 9 to 5ers could be bothered going down there to be murdered. What might breathe some life back into it is if a prize was on offer on the day for best Amateur rider (not being paid to ride for a pro team).

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    44 is low at this stage for the RR's. We hosted it last year and had about 75-80 at this stage with very few entries on the day.

To be honest racing against the pro's is no biggie, Roche, Deignan and Martin aside there is ample opportunity to race against the An Post, Pezula and Giant Asia lads most weekends. I just don't think that most of the 9 to 5ers could be bothered going down there to be murdered. What might breathe some life back into it is if a prize was on offer on the day for best Amateur rider (not being paid to ride for a pro team).

i think your right, for a 9 to 5er to travel to get murdered, even thou it wil be a great experience.

I think also its the distance to travel to get there that has a impact on the attendance.

Advertisement