Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 1 strike!

• 27-06-2008 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

Was a very good storm last night just south of here over the border in Spain(i'm in france near perpignan). It was flashing away every few seconds but unfortunately was never really close enough to photograph. Just flashing in the distance over the hills. Like this
    DSC_04340001.JPG
    the storm seemed to be dying away around 4am as it finally got a bit closer(only flashing every 10 minutes or so by that stage) so i decided to give up and packed the camera away, closed up the shutters etc. and then the house is shaken by the most almighty crack and it rolls on for a good 30 seconds. So i get the camera back out and head out again:rolleyes:there was only one more flash(still couldn't see the fork because it was too far away) but it was amazing and lit the valley up like day time!!
    DSC_04650002.JPG
    Here's a few more pictures from a cell last week. suprisingly there was no lightning outta this one!
    DSC_02200001.JPG
    DSC_02250001.JPG
    DSC_02320001.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Well captured Trogdor. :) Looks like a dramatic storm despite its distance. You were very lucky to actually capture a few flashes. That takes dedication and patience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fantastic colours on those beach shots there Trogdor, really foreboding and dramatic.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Was looking at that storm on the live WASP european network and peak rate was 45 strikes per min with the majority in the 30s for over a 3hr duration. It looked as if it disected the pair of knees mountain range in two going directly over Andora moving towards S France.

Well captured trogdor.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Great pics Trogdor! Looks like the end of the world is nigh in that last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Thanks guys:)
    Snowbie wrote: »
    Was looking at that storm on the live WASP european network and peak rate was 45 strikes per min with the majority in the 30s for over a 3hr duration. It looked as if it disected the pair of knees mountain range in two going directly over Andora moving towards S France.

Well captured trogdor.

I was just slightly too far away to make it out properly when it was flashing away like that and i was trying to rely on blitzortung to see where it was:p Since the Met Office pulled their ATD bulletins there's not much to go on. I don't think any of the other public stuff is even worth looking at anymore:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pix 3 and 5 are goodo, pity about the flag though. It has the look of that weather which sends dogs in particular a bit loopy as they run around in circles trying to warn everyone of badness a-coming! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

mike65 wrote: »
    Pix 3 and 5 are goodo,

Mike.

Ditto! You really get pulled into them pics! ;)

Advertisement