Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT and Extras!!

Options
  • 27-06-2008 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I went into the VRT Registry office to change over my car. I was told the head office in Rosslare would have to be contacted first to establish the value of extras on the car. This value will then be added to the OMSP and I will be charged 25% on this..... is this really the case?? One could have about €25k of extras on a car??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

In a word yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Yes it now seems that revenue have access to factory records for BMW, Mercs, Audi, and Lexus cars. They may have access to others also.

I was vrting a BMW 320 in Jan and they charged me €700 more for extras like xenon lights, metalllic paint, sun shields, non standard alloys.

I actually got a copy of the printout which was taken from a bmw website they have access to from chassis number. You wont get charged for any garage fitted extra as they cant see them.

Bit of a sting but no way around it i think. But you'll still save money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭colorc

F****ng Robbers!!! In fairness its not as if the extras really stand to you when you are selling the car on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

colorc wrote: »
    F****ng Robbers!!! In fairness its not as if the extras really stand to you when you are selling the car on.....

If you are REALLY lucky you might end up like this guy in post #941 in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055199036&page=63

Again, you will probably have to get REALLY lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

colorc wrote: »
    You will be charged 25% of the current market value of the extras, not their cost new.

• Advertisement
Advertisement