Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is the biggest heel/face in WWE at present?

• 27-06-2008 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

So who do you think is the biggest face and heel in WWE at present???????

From the whole roster (RAW/SD/ECW) i think Jeff Hardy is the biggest face (i think he gets even bigger pops than Cena/Rey/HBK and HHH) and Edge the biggest heel (Edge plays the heel so well)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Vicky is the biggest heel.

Edge is the biggest heel wrestler.

Hunter is the biggest face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Biggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

rovert wrote: »
    Biggest?

I dont mean in size i mean in crowd reactions

Biggest?

Now that's just nitpicking for the sake of it.

JP Liz wrote: »
    I dont mean in size i mean in crowd reactions

How many live shows do you go to JP Liz?

Is not nitpicking the biggest in what aspect? What measure are we using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Biggest?

Asshole, you win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Vickie seems to be the biggest heel at the moment.
    And certainly in my eyes she's great.

Biggest Face is much harder to say though. I don't think there's anybody particularily exciting on smackdown. Will have to see how the draft affects things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

To me, HHH would be the biggest face and Edge the biggest heel. They're the ones in the big matches. But the best face and heel would be either Jeff or Shawn and Orton. But if Vickie's included then she's the best heel

dancor wrote: »
    Asshole, you win.

How am I an asshole? What measure we are using wasnt made clear in the original post. He could have been referring to the biggest house show draw, ratings draw or PPV draw. Even a combination of all three.

How am I an asshole? What measure we are using wasnt made clear in the original post. He could have been referring to the biggest house show draw, ratings draw or PPV draw. Even a combination of all three.

Eh I think that Liz is probably a she, not a he!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm a she

I think asking using the words heel and face should tell you what i'm asking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

/nod

JP Liz wrote: »
    I'm a she

I think asking using the words heel and face should tell you what i'm asking

God how do you measure who is the biggest face and heel then?

God how do you measure who is the biggest face and heel then?

I think she's just asking who you think are the best at it

Fozzy wrote: »
    I think she's just asking who you think are the best at it

No she asked for the biggest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert, how come your the only one to take an issue on this?

As for biggest face or heel, heel has got to be Edge, the man is an awesome heel though do WWE have any other big heels besides Orton, whos injured and Jericho? I would give face to Hardy even though it seems his pop has decreased since January, it might be his new music.

rovert, how come your the only one to take an issue on this?

I kinda did too. I mean, aren't HHH and Edge the biggest face and heel because they're the ones in the main events and portrayed as the most important guys at the moment? There's not much debate to be had there

Though what WWE portray and what people think may be two very different things but I do get your point, there ain't that much to debate, mainly between HHH, HBK and Jeff and Edge is hands down winner in the heel category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'll measure this by who I think consistently and effectively engage with the crowd.

Faces: Shawn Michaels/ HHH

Heel: Edge (honourable mention goes to his "other half", Vickie Guerrero)

I'll also throw out who I think can potentially become the biggest heel/ face. These two superstars are naturals when it comes to the microphone, but they haven't hit that consistent level just yet of working the crowd and enthralling them.

Face: Ken Kennedy

Heel: MVP

Fozzy wrote: »
    I kinda did too. I mean, aren't HHH and Edge the biggest face and heel because they're the ones in the main events and portrayed as the most important guys at the moment? There's not much debate to be had there

There is, ratings are down.

• Advertisement

What do you mean, do you think that those stars on top are currently responsible for the ratings drop?

There is, ratings are down.

Besides for the odd week, the ratings haven't really flucuated badly, they are basically around the 3+ mark in America. The ratings have been ok to average for years, it isn't a recent thing. Where they much better when Batista was the top dog on Sd and Cena the top dog on Raw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Besides for the odd week, the ratings haven't really flucuated badly, they are basically around the 3+ mark in America. The ratings have been ok to average for years, it isn't a recent thing. Where they much better when Batista was the top dog on Sd and Cena the top dog on Raw?

http://100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfraw.htm

Over the last few months there's been a clear drop, even if you include people that record it. Nothing incredibly serious but it was enough of an issue for Vince McMahon to decide to give large sums of money away throughout his tv show for the last 3 weeks.

For example, this time last year Raw had broken 4.0 or better 10 times. This year not taking into account the 8-10 per cent that record the show, it's broken 4.0 once.

Yes. They haven't done over a 3.3 on Raw since HHH became champion and they didn't do below a 3.3 while Cena was champion, apart from certain exceptions

I'm not sure if the ratings were that much higher for Smackdown

I can't say that I'm surprised at what you guys are saying about the ratings on Raw. The ME was incredibly stale. But now with the very pleasantly surprising shake up of both SD and Raw by the draft I will go out on a limb and say ratings will steadily improve.

What do you mean, do you think that those stars on top are currently responsible for the ratings drop?

Yes

Why?

Why?

As Main eventers are supposed to be the biggest draws.

I haven't seen any problem with the performances of any of the WWEs top liners with the exception of being lazy on TV, which is probably the overall problem.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen any problem with the performances of any of the WWEs top liners with the exception of being lazy on TV, which is probably the overall problem.

Hmm lazyness.

Anyway not to burst anyones bubble but Cena is the number one face and Edge is the number one heel is Edge given ratings over the past two weeks. As pointed out rating by others have decreased under HHH's reign on Raw while ratings have decreased om Smackdown during Rey Mysterio's departure as ir had a dramatic effect on Smackdown's rating in general and among Hispanics which has or is overtaking all other ethicities in the America. While HHH/Jericho the previous was an EPIC FAIL considering they didnt wrestle in like 4 or 5 years.

Hmm lazyness.

Anyway not to burst anyones bubble but Cena is the number one face and Edge is the number one heel is Edge given ratings over the past two weeks. As pointed out rating by others have decreased under HHH's reign on Raw while ratings have decreased om Smackdown during Rey Mysterio's departure as ir had a dramatic effect on Smackdown's rating in general and among Hispanics which has or is overtaking all other ethicities in the America. While HHH/Jericho the previous was an EPIC FAIL considering they didnt wrestle in like 4 or 5 years.

I remember bringing this up once before and I remember that it was dismissed by some posters. Not saying it was you or anything........but it is certainly true that hispanics play a big role in the demograph that watches SD. It is not a coincidence that ratings have gone down since Mysterio has been injured and that SD went into somewhat disarray when Eddie Guerrero died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I remember debating this with someone as well, and i'll still say that it's not the sole reason that ratings on SD have decreased. It might play a part in it, but at the end of the day, the talent roster on SD was utter crap anyway that all you have to do is tune in for the first minute, see that it's Undertaker v Batista or Batista v Edge for the 6th week in a row and change the channel and watch CFL or something!

Not all of the US are hispanic., and not all of wrestling fans particularly give a sh*t where the wrestlers are from anyway (after all, Roddy Piper and the Highlanders aren't really Scotish!). So whereas Rey's lack of appearances may help in the decrease in ratings, i honestly don't buy that it's the sole reason. One wrestler never made a company.

VR!

If you look at the figures you'll see that the biggest change between Smackdown's rating in late 2007 and their current rating is that there's 30% less Hispanics watching. That amounts to over 200,000 people, which accounts for most of the ratings drop

If you take it that the Hispanics who stopped watching did so because of Rey being injured (which all evidence points towards given the boost in ratings when Rey returned from injury last year), then it's Rey who is the biggest reason for the ratings drop. If the Hispanic audience had stayed the same then there wouldn't be any talk of a "drop" as it wouldn't have been as significant

I remember bringing this up once before and I remember that it was dismissed by some posters. Not saying it was you or anything........but it is certainly true that hispanics play a big role in the demograph that watches SD. It is not a coincidence that ratings have gone down since Mysterio has been injured and that SD went into somewhat disarray when Eddie Guerrero died.

Source?

Anyway i disagreed with how you phrased you statement about Rey and ratings

I remember debating this with someone as well, and i'll still say that it's not the sole reason that ratings on SD have decreased. It might play a part in it, but at the end of the day, the talent roster on SD was utter crap anyway that all you have to do is tune in for the first minute, see that it's Undertaker v Batista or Batista v Edge for the 6th week in a row and change the channel and watch CFL or something!

Not all of the US are hispanic., and not all of wrestling fans particularly give a sh*t where the wrestlers are from anyway (after all, Roddy Piper and the Highlanders aren't really Scotish!). So whereas Rey's lack of appearances may help in the decrease in ratings, i honestly don't buy that it's the sole reason. One wrestler never made a company.

VR!

Ah there is many inherent reasons for the decrease in ratings but Rey's departure is an easier element to point to that others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement