Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter to serve before chicken ceasar salad?

• 27-06-2008 12:30pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

:) As the title says, I'm making a chicken ceasar salad as a main course for my bf this evening, don't want to make anything too heavy cause we won't be eating till late enough.. But I still want to make a nice starter, any suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Griddled asparagus wrapped in parma ham?
    Toss the asparagus in lemon juice, oil garlic & seasoning. Griddle/BBQ/Roast for about 5 mins. Take out and wrap two in a strip of ham.

OR you could forget the parma ham, and just make hollandaise and dip them in.

And I was just thinking - Bruschetta? I'm a bit mad about it at the moment. Chop (good) tomatoes with garlic, fresh basil & seasoning. And leave for a few mins. Pop on top of toasted ciabatta - can't get tastier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'd go with a soup I think. Just in terms of something to contrast with a salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ClassicDisaster

I made Asparagus springrolls in a restaurant i used to work in as an amuse bushe for the pastry chefs family, they went down quite well .

Rlanch asparagus,
    Refresh in iced water,
    Coat with a small layor of dijon mustard,
    Wrap in springroll pastry,
    deep fry,
    serve with beetroot/salad and balsamic dressing...

Advertisement