Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy goalie glitch

Options
  • 27-06-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, i'm about five seasons in now and lately my goalkeepers (I rotate between 2) are going a bit mad.
    Sometimes when I'm two nil up (the team's mentality is only a bit on the attacking side, nothing OTT) and taking a corner suddenly one of them decides to join the attack! Leaving two defenders on the half way line while he runs in for a header before retreating back to goal.
    I went into the keeper's personal instructions. His creative freedom is extremely low and just to be sure I've put his forward runs and run with ball options on low (as opposed to medium which is default). Passing style is also long as I'm quite conservative about my keepers.

Any idea why they've started doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

that would be in under the attacking corners section surely? maybe you accidentally got rid of the default.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I know if its about 2 mins left in the game and your all out attack he will wander up for a try, but never just on a whim.
    Ive had a few occasions of stupid goalies myself. In an earlier football manager, paul robinson turned to the goals and booted the ball in!.... from a free kick in the 6 yard box!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

whats his eccentricity rating? if its low then this would explain it

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

evil_seed wrote: »
    whats his eccentricity rating? if its low then this would explain it
    Well it was in a Football manager of olden days so ive no idea. It was a once off freak thing.

But then again, id say your talking to the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

goalies are nuts in FM anyway. in my current game my keeper Lloris is one of the best in the game. but he does some absolutely mental things i haven't been able to eliminate. his kicking is **** yet i cannot for the life of me get him to stop kicking freekicks and goalkicks as long as possible, which in variable end up with opposition. yesterday he took a free for offside from the corner flag, ends up smacking it across the pitch as if looking for the opposite winger. ends up with the opposition striker who bangs it into an empty net from 50 yards... :mad:

honestly anyone have any ideas how to sort this out? i have him set as conservatively as possible. short passing, ultra defensive. and despite him having low eccentricity he still does some mad things... i'm at a loss. I've never had a goalkeeper act this insane before.

Advertisement