Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finally playing GTA!!

• 27-06-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

Swapped the Wii for a friends PSP3, got to spend about 2 hours playing it last night.

Is it possible to hook the playstation up to me pc monitor? I'd love to be able to take advantage of the HD. How much would this cable cost? I only borrowed his playstation so it's only worth it if it's cheep.

Very different from the previous gtas, but after about an hour that familiar gta feeling started to creep through the game. The joypad is a pig of a thing to use I miss the mouse so much. it's so fiddly and small, the auto aim is such a cop out. It's good for driving though.

Can't wait for this to hit the pc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

ScumLord wrote: »
    Swapped the Wii for a friends PSP3, got to spend about 2 hours playing it last night.

Is it possible to hook the playstation up to me pc monitor? I'd love to be able to take advantage of the HD. How much would this cable cost? I only borrowed his playstation so it's only worth it if it's cheep.

Very different from the previous gtas, but after about an hour that familiar gta feeling started to creep through the game. The joypad is a pig of a thing to use I miss the mouse so much. it's so fiddly and small, the auto aim is such a cop out. It's good for driving though.

Can't wait for this to hit the pc.

Sup man, i did this just last week.
    Im sure your moniter has a dvi input? and another one which u can use for the pc yea?

If so, just pick up a hdmi/dvi cable, you should be able to get it in any good comp or electrical store.

Just plug it in, set a few settings and its all good, but the problem will be with sound.
    U need to use the old ps3 cable (with the 3 pins at the end l/r audio and video) and get the 2 audio ones into a sound source, this was easy for me, but might be the main problem for others.

on my moniter now i pust have to press the input button and it will swap from the comp display to the ps3 etc, fantastic.

Oh the cable is cheep enought should be less then 20e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

ScumLord wrote: »
    Swapped the Wii for a friends PSP3.
    Yes those PSP3's are mad craic aren't they! I can't believe they skipped past PSP2 just to make it! :pac: :D Only messing pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Feckin GTA adictions setting in now, couldn't sleep last night and stayed up playing it till the morn.. But I suppose I can justify that stupidity due to me only having the "PS3" on loan for a short while.

Cheers Millah, I suppose that cable would come in handy later on even after I given the "PS3" back. If I got the right audio cable I could hook it up to me pc speaker set which would be cool. don't like spending money on stuff I'll only use for a few days but it looks **** on my old telle.

Stil can't get used to the damned joypad on foot. It's perfect for driving (although having had a look at a xbox controller I'd say that would suit my hands allot better, the playstations one is so small) the only problem being when this comes out on pc you'll have the oposit problem, great on foot but crap when driving.

Advertisement