Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteers sought

Options
  • 27-06-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Are you interested in joining in with your local community to help improve service and opportunities for your local locality? There are several community groups currently seeking new members to assist them in their work. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Helen at 01 – 802 0484 or else send me a private message for more information. This is a great opportunity not only to meet new people but to get involved in worthwhile projects.

This is mostly for those in the Balbriggan area but different projects are constantly beginning and needing support so if you are interested let me know to keep you updated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It would help if you told us what manner of activities these group were involved in. Also, what are the names of the groups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CommInfo

One of the groups is Balbriggan Childcare committee who have been campaigning for community childcare facilities. They have been granted €1,008,000 of a grant to buy a premises and are currently forming a board of directors. At the moment, they are seeking directors. There is a meeting next Thursday at the Town Hall at 5.30 and we would welcome anyone who would like to get involved. Admin skills, financial knowledge or human resource experience would be particularly appreciated and beneficial to the group.

I know foroige were also looking for volunteers for september to assist with their youth group locally. I wouldn't be the person who would run this but could refer you to the foroige officer if that was of interest to yourself.

Lastly Balbriggan Ar Aghaidh are a local group who are campaigning to bring community facilities to the area. They carried out an extensive community needs analysis and are still putting pressure on the council in an attempt to secure land to develop this service. This group are still carrying out pre-development work if this area would appeal to you.

At the moment, that is the three main groups that I am involved with. however, I am new to post (this is my fourth week) and new oppurtunities are constantly arising if you would like me to contact you in the future. Balbriggan Childcare Committee I would say, particularly are in need of volunteers.

If anyone wants any more info please send me a private message :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have the contact information for Balbriggan Fóroige if anyone wants it.

Mourne Estate Childcare Committee, Skerries – La go Bhri, Community Childcare Facility are seeking people to join their management committee. This is a very valuable project to the area providing affordable childcare to disadvantaged and/or isolated individuals to allow them to return to employment, education or training. If you would like to find out some more information please send me a private message or ring Helen at 01 802 0484.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hair Bear

CommInfo wrote: »
    Are you interested in joining in with your local community to help improve service and opportunities for your local locality? There are several community groups currently seeking new members to assist them in their work. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Helen at 01 – 802 0484 or else send me a private message for more information. This is a great opportunity not only to meet new people but to get involved in worthwhile projects.

This is mostly for those in the Balbriggan area but different projects are constantly beginning and needing support so if you are interested let me know to keep you updated.
    Best of luck with the new childcare centre. Colaiste Dhulaigh CFE are to run a part-time childare course.

Balbriggan Credit Union also seek new volunteers to help run their credit union. They occasionally have an annual open evening to encourage volunteers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BigC

Hi, I'm a web and graphic designer in the Balbriggan area and would be happy to volunteer my time to help out any of those projects. Feel free to contact me by PM for my contact details if any of the groups think my skills could be of use.

Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

I can offer my services for any writing, documentation, or training services that are needed. PM me if this could be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Davido84

Is there any volunteer worker need in Dublin North for people or families affect by drugs?

I sorry to be so specific, i just have a keen interest in helping out as I am studying addictions and it's affects in college and would like to get in involved.

http://www.volunteerfingal.ie/

Have a database of volunteer oppurtunities. They are the best bet if you are looking for something specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Davido84

Nice one CommInfo. I'll be sure to check it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement