Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Suits - Should I go up North?

• 27-06-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I presume Dublin is too much of a rip-off so does anyone know a decent and cheap place in Newry/Belfast, etc to get good quality suits? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

mate stay down here . my sister works in aib and all the lads buy there tins of fruit in arnots bargain basement. 50 e to 100 e retail at 300 plus just last years designs..
    ive 2 mself

http://rushthecourt.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/joakim-noah-suit.jpg
    hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Yeah, and Arnotts have a sale on at the moment on all the non-bargain basement stuff. Best bet is to try there first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

:Dyeah here here . seems a lot better than giving money to the queen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rimshott

Arnotts Bargain basement suits. :)
    Don't make me laugh.
    You don't want to turn looking like this
    suit.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

PRman wrote: »
    I presume Dublin is too much of a rip-off so does anyone know a decent and cheap place in Newry/Belfast, etc to get good quality suits? Thanks!

Here's a spot I made in relation to shirts. Suit trousers were also marked 30% off the main highstreet UK price, and I think suit jackets were also, however I'm not sure as I didn't buy one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055191293&highlight=cheaper+shirts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

italiandesignersuits an ebay seller, my brother bought one suit from them and is very happy with them, and the suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

M&S do cheap suits in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

If you're in Dublin then I got a good suit in the Feraud shop on either Duke st or south Annes st (can't remember which).
    Closing down sale and it was reduced from 500 odd to 199 and it was 100% wool and nice dark grey (unlike some of the others brown pin stripe things they had).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Has anybody ever tired Mycustomtailor.com..?they were talking about it a few weeks ago on NewsTalk and its seems to be getting popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Alrigh folks, decided to by one in Dublin and not give my shillings to the queen ;)
    Got a suit in suitable company for 213 (50% off) which was good. Some great sales in town at the moment.. Didn't like those suits in arnotts bb look a little cheap but thanks anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

rubadub wrote: »
    M&S do cheap suits in town.

same suits, cheaper in Belfast (Spruicefield) because of the rate M+S and other UK retailers give on the EURO for irish shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Kamaldihnio

Where did you get that suit? Need one for a wedding on Friday in Hungary. Heads warped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

PRman wrote: »
    Got a suit in suitable company
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sarah_9

Dub13 wrote: »
    Has anybody ever tired Mycustomtailor.com..?they were talking about it a few weeks ago on NewsTalk and its seems to be getting popular.
    Hello,

Recently i purchased few items from this online store customsuitsshirts.com, there collection is quite rich and affordable.

Regards,
    sarah_9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

You should try The Suit & Tux Warehouse in Anne's Lane, Dublin 2. They have great suits and not that expensive at all. Think they started at €139 for a plain black.

Advertisement