Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen Audi Allroad

Options
  • 27-06-2008 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can you keep your eye out for 06D77220. It's a Phantom Black Audi Allroad 2.7TDi. It was stolen this morning from a customer's house.

PM me if you see/hear anything.

I'm sure it's on a boat by now, but worth a try...

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

What do they look like?

Expensive stolen cars make there way to the North.

Stripped and sold or parts, or ghost plates put on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Christ what a sickener!! Fantastic machine! I'm guessing its valued around the 55k - 60k mark!

I'm not very well up on info relating to anti-theft technologies, but I would assume a vehicle of this type would/should be pretty damn hard to make off with! Are the criminals getting tech savvy in a big way or do these technologies need a major re-design??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

kluivert wrote: »
    What do they look like?

No description of the guys at the minute, you know as much as I do...

It's a customer of ours, so we said we'd keep an eye out and I thought this was a good place to get the word out.

I'd expect it's got fake plates and a ferry ticket, but it can't hurt to ask anyway...

Fizman wrote: »
    Christ what a sickener!! Fantastic machine! I'm guessing its valued around the 55k - 60k mark!

I'm not very well up on info relating to anti-theft technologies, but I would assume a vehicle of this type would/should be pretty damn hard to make off with! Are the criminals getting tech savvy in a big way or do these technologies need a major re-design??

Brand new, it would have been quite a bit more expensive - quite a high spec. Hopefully it's parked somewhere while the heat dies down and someone here will walk past it while walking the dog.

The only realistic way to nick a modern car is by stealing the keys. Most car theft nowadays is the result of a home invasion or someone "hooking" through the letterbox.
    Home invasions - it's the double edged sword of better theft protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

AudiChris wrote: »
    The only realistic way to nick a modern car is by stealing the keys.
    Indeed. Can't just throw the keys on the hall table anymore.
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

AudiChris wrote: »
    No description of the guys at the minute, you know as much as I do...

I think he meant the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

It might turn up in a few weeks.

Last year we had a 530d M-Sport stolen from Dundalk. My guess was it was across the border in about 10 minutes and would never be seen again.

It turned up 3 weeks later, somewhere in the midlands wearing 04 LK plates (2006 D Reg), Balaclava's on the back seats but no damage.

I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Where was it taken from AudiChris?

The customer lives in south county Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

If I paid more than 30k for a car I would have a tracking devise on it, the one you turn on when its nicked.

BMW X5 stolen outside Castlebellingham a couple of months ago, Nissan Almera driver hit the jeep, both drivers got out, Nissan driver jumped into Jeep and away, his buddy drove the nissan.

BMW Driver seating on the side of the road.

Tracking Device people. We have them on the Lorries for the company I work for and its great, we can see at any time where the lorries are, what speed they are doing etc. Works of a SIM Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

BMW X5 stolen outside Castlebellingham a couple of months ago, Nissan Almera driver hit the jeep, both drivers got out, Nissan driver jumped into Jeep and away, his buddy drove the nissan.

Thats f*ckin mad :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Scottie99

If I paid more than 30k for a car I would have a tracking devise on it, the one you turn on when its nicked.

Tracking Device people. We have them on the Lorries for the company I work for and its great, we can see at any time where the lorries are, what speed they are doing etc. Works of a SIM Card.

Isotrack System........I hate it! Can never pull over for a two hour sleep anymore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

What do they look like?

or pre-order parts, spend about 500-700 changing it to a differant car and sell it on carzone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

sonners wrote: »
    Thats f*ckin mad :eek:
    Imported from Florida.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wouldn't, if my Forester was stolen I wouldn't want it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Anan1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't, if my Forester was stolen I wouldn't want it back.

beggers can be choosers !

Advertisement