Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Important for anyone VRTing Cars before 1st July

Options
  • 27-06-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭

Notice received from VRO

PUBLIC NOTICE
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX

CHANGEOVER TO THE NEW SYSTEM ON 1 JULY 2008
    New CO2 based VRT system — 1 July 2008
    From 1 July 2008, vehicle registration tax (VRT) payable on passenger cars (category A vehicles) will no longer be based on engine size but rather on the level of CO2 emissions from the car. Further information, including the new VRT rates, is available on www.revenue.ie

Arrangements for ROS (Revenue-on-line service) users
    In order to facilitate the introduction of the new registration system on 1 July 2008, the ROS VRT registration facility will not be available on Saturday 28 June 2008 from 1pm to 6pm.
    The ROS VRT facility will close at 6pm on Monday 30 June. Any registrations submitted after 6pm will be registered under the new CO2 based charging system on 1 July. The new registration system will be available from 8am 1 July.

Arrangements for personal callers to Vehicle Registration Offices (VROs)
    The VROs will be open as normal on Monday 30 June. Applications for registration should be supported by the appropriate documentation and payment by cheque, postal order, or bank draft. If the appropriate documentation or payment is not available the registration will be refused. If the application is resubmitted on or after 1 July the vehicle will be registered under the new CO2 based charging system.

Edit: R.O.R beat me to it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Thats just opening times, right? There is no change to the system for vrt rules is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

So I guess monday will be a busy day for the VRO folk then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Thats just opening times, right? There is no change to the system for vrt rules is there?

:confused:

Don't getcha...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

"VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX

From 1 July 2008, vehicle registration tax (VRT) payable on passenger cars (category A vehicles) will no longer be based on engine size but rather on the level of CO2 emissions from the car."

Soooo, does this mean all cars. i thought it was just for cars that were registered after that date from new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

So if the queue for VRTing is around the block at closing time is it just a case of tough **** paddy, you didn't make the cut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

[QUOTE=neuromancer;56387512Soooo, does this mean all cars. i thought it was just for cars that were registered after that date from new.[/QUOTE]

ah come on!!:rolleyes:

after all we have been through and the thousands of posts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

"VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX

From 1 July 2008, vehicle registration tax (VRT) payable on passenger cars (category A vehicles) will no longer be based on engine size but rather on the level of CO2 emissions from the car."

Soooo, does this mean all cars. i thought it was just for cars that were registered after that date from new.

VRT change will affect ALL cars after july 1st, the road tax changes will only affect 08 registered cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Bendihorse wrote: »
    So if the queue for VRTing is around the block at closing time is it just a case of tough **** paddy, you didn't make the cut?

Yesterday we were registering cars and it was taking an hour and a half to get a reg back where it normally takes 15mins.

If you have a car to reg, I'd go today. Don't leave it till Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

So much for the downturn in the economy. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

AudiChris wrote: »
    Yesterday we were registering cars and it was taking an hour and a half to get a reg back where it normally takes 15mins.

If you have a car to reg, I'd go today. Don't leave it till Monday!
    you serious? last Friday I got to the Tallaght office at 1.50 - went in 2nd in line, got called at 2.15, got it sorted and was out of there by 2.40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Not opening times. The times relate to the availability of the online registration system for traders. And there will be a slight change to the VRT rules from Tuesday next. Been away?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement