Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homevision packages-anybody happy on one of them?

Options
  • 27-06-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

I got a flyer in my door from homevision saying theyre offering phone,tv and broadband down the phone lines but id like to hear from a few opinions if its any good or not

the prices are very reasonable,comparable to most compananies or else better so its the quality of the tv and broadbanmd im worried about

and also does anyone know if they are reselling eircom or they have their own equipment-and will their speeds double in the eircom upgrades that are soon to come?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Their prices look pretty rubbish to me. It's cheap but you get f* all.

It's like saying 10 penny sweets is better value than 50.

2Mb BB and 31 channels for 58 Euro? When UPC upgrade (again) 3Mb BB and ~100 channels will be €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

They're offering a no quibble trial it seems. http://www.homevision.ie/offer1.html

Their BB options look quite basic though, as does their triple play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bb27

Homevision are without doubt among the worst service providers I have had the misfortune to deal with for the past few months as we've no choice as they are in our apartment complex.

Have a look at the packages on UPc.ie (NTL) unbelievable for €20 a month get 36 stations, for €26 you get 72 stations, for €44 euro you can get 36 tv stations, 3mb broadband & phone - half price for 2 months and free installation. Yearly cost all in = €484.
    Look at what we're paying with Homevision for less services & pricey installation!!!

TV Stations Broadband Phone Annual Cost
    NTL Starter Pack 36 tv stations & 3mb broadband €484

Homevision Homemax 31 stations & 2mb broadband €794.88

Homevision are 64% more expensive for 5 less stations & 1mb lees broadband!!! Did they say they were committed to value? Same applies to other packages, pay more for less with Homevision...avoid avoid avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

I am not a subscriber to homevision but was previously over 5 months ago. They were 100% terrible. Horrible Latency on broadband. TV channels not available for over 3 weeks and still billed for them. Stay far away. I am currently pursuing legal action as they have started charging me again 5 months after i left their service even though i no longer live in the apartment complex. They are also failing the refund me

Advertisement