Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

check my checklist please?

• 27-06-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm trying to budget for new years eve snowboarding trip. excluding food, drink and lessons i've got
    1. Flights incl. bags
    2. Connecting Bus
    3. Accomodation
    4. Board&Boot Rental
    5. Ski-pass
    6. Insurance.

I have all my own clothing so that's ok.
    Am I forgetting anything??

Thanks for any/all replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Car parking at the airport (or taxi to the airport)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Possibility of fuel surcharges :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Polarbear2020

Sounds like you pretty much have everything covered. The only other costs associated I can think of are relatively small ones:

- Depending on where you go,you may have to pay insurance on the rental of your ski's(normally no more than €20), or alternatively leave a larger deposit incase of loss/breaking of equipment.

- Some ski area's I have been to there is a small deposit on the lift pass(€5-€10) which you get back if you return the pass at end of the week.

- Take into account a lot of accomodation(especially budget) will require you leave a deposit with them at start of week incase you damage anything in your room. You get it back when checking out though but it can still sting you if you only have limited spending money because although you get it back, its when you check out and it's no use to you then really. (Had to leave €150 in Andorra last year between just me and my sister, and only found out when we arrived to check in). Also I stayed in apartments in Livigno last year with family and they didn't ask for a deposit, just kept one of our passports, but on return to the same apartments just 2weeks later with a bunch of young friends the owner demanded €200 deposit upfront, again only found this out when we arrived.

- You may have to pay for storage of your equipment for the week (shouldn't be anymore than €25) if your not going on a package deal or your accomodation does not have the facilities.

- If anyone has there own equipment, bagagge charges can be killer (ryanair was €60 to Milan last year). Also if any of you do have equipment, getting edges done, repaired, wax/storage wax while your over there allow another €20-€30.

Enjoy your holiday!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    Car parking at the airport (or taxi to the airport)?

I had completely forgotten about that. Thanks

foamcutter wrote: »
    Possibility of fuel surcharges :mad:

AFAIK that's included in the plane tickets, that's why I want to book now before it gets even more expensive.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you pretty much have everything covered. The only other costs associated I can think of are relatively small ones:

- Depending on where you go,you may have to pay insurance on the rental of your ski's(normally no more than €20), or alternatively leave a larger deposit incase of loss/breaking of equipment.

No deposit required in the place I rent. Board and boots are €18 per day.

- Some ski area's I have been to there is a small deposit on the lift pass(€5-€10) which you get back if you return the pass at end of the week.

That's very true but I tend to keep mine as a souvenir :D
    - Take into account a lot of accomodation(especially budget) will require you leave a deposit with them at start of week incase you damage anything in your room. You get it back when checking out though but it can still sting you if you only have limited spending money because although you get it back, its when you check out and it's no use to you then really. (Had to leave €150 in Andorra last year between just me and my sister, and only found out when we arrived to check in). Also I stayed in apartments in Livigno last year with family and they didn't ask for a deposit, just kept one of our passports, but on return to the same apartments just 2weeks later with a bunch of young friends the owner demanded €200 deposit upfront, again only found this out when we arrived.

Jaysis, that sucks !!! I've never experienced that. Thanks for the heads up.
    - You may have to pay for storage of your equipment for the week (shouldn't be anymore than €25) if your not going on a package deal or your accomodation does not have the facilities.

I generally keep my gear in my room. Haven't had a problem with it yet. Actually, the first time I went the B&B guy had storage facilities but that was free.
    - If anyone has there own equipment, bagagge charges can be killer (ryanair was €60 to Milan last year). Also if any of you do have equipment, getting edges done, repaired, wax/storage wax while your over there allow another €20-€30.

I'll be bringing a board and boots. It was €45 last year if I remember correctly.
    Enjoy your holiday!:)

New Years Eve in the snow is gonna be FUN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Dude you forgot one thing you need to bring but can't buy or hire..........

skillz!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH!!! :D:D:D

P.S. I used the z to make it more annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

You might have to rent a locker but you seem pretty covered.. where are you going by the way?

Don1 wrote: »
    Dude you forgot one thing you need to bring but can't buy or hire..........

skillz!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH!!! :D:D:D

P.S. I used the z to make it more annoying.

I'll kick your ass Don!!! I'll kick it good!!

You might have to rent a locker but you seem pretty covered.. where are you going by the way?

Locker is €3 per day but you get €1 or €2 back.
    Going to oberstdorf again. I love that place :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I'll kick your ass Don!!! I'll kick it good!!
    You'll have to catch me first! :D Finally started making decent progress today. Booting it down steep blues (Euro reds) and carving all the way.

You'll have to catch me first! :D Finally started making decent progress today. Booting it down steep blues (Euro reds) and carving all the way.

Yay!! I'm still gonna kick your ass!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Booting it down steep blues (Euro reds) and carving all the way.
    Thats good to hear. I mean that they have more than just a load of easy blues on their hills down there and not that your getting better. ;)

Their piste maps looked a bit too blue to me when I was having a gander at them previously.

Advertisement